LS400 S/C through bonnet manifold - thoughts please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kev

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are in relation to having a manifold that would have the supercharger sitting up through the bonnet. Was thinking about this today and think how much easier it would be to have something made up straight off the original lower half of the factory manifold. You would be able to make the S/C to the height you wanted it through the bonnet and the extra height could also allow for an intercooler setup. Either A>A or W>A.

Have attached a quick photoshop photo of something what it would look like. So please tell me your thoughts re making up this type of manifold (be it only half a manifold) and also your thoughts on having the supercharger sticking through the bonnet - pros and cons.

Thanks, Kevin

P.S. Please dont laugh at my photoshop picture, I dont use it very often :ponder:

Even though I'm doing it to mine, I'm doing the all out hot rod thing with an old car. What you have is a classy luxury sedan, and I'm not sure how well the hot rod look would be on such a car. It would be unique, though.

fq2mjulweb.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Obviously it would have to be engineered to get it passed for rego here in Oz.

Markstoys - I love what you are building and look forward to seeing its progress and keep up the good work.

Do you guys know if the weather will effect the engine much having a S/C hanging through the bonnet. Is it a case of, if its raining the car doesn't go out ???? thinking about all that water that could go straight onto the top of the motor and sit in the valley under the manifold.

Cheers, Kevin

Won't pass leaving exposed (pedestrian hazard) and would still be a close thing even with a scoop. Long belt too so suspect a whole world of pain getting that bit right.

Looks tough though :)

Thanks guys, you have put this thought to bed. Looks like it will be the under bonnet version then. Still collecting the parts.

Cheers, Kev

Hello Guys

We are helping a friend do a C34 nissan laurel with a supercharger out though the bonnet. We can get a cert for it and make it legal. There is also a rx7 with one though the bonnet over here as well. Will post photos when the laurel is done. Not the look I like but it will turn heads. Cheers

MAD MAX all the way!

but I wouldn't in my car the charger would sit 20cm of my left ear..... What?? say what???

grtz Thomas

Toysrme,

You have all sources of info. and picture, don't you? You have all cool and funny stuffs. :la: By looking at the turbo on that Civic, I know it's been built by some guys that have funny mind. For that turbo that big, that Eclipse intercooler isn't enough. And I guess the builders want to put a stove on that turbo for cooking.