LS400 Intercooler & Cooling System

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

I got lots of comments about the Project LS400T intercooler. The intercooler is 3.5" x 11.5" x 36". Part of the intercool gets fresh air from the lower bumper and upper half is blocked by the front bumper. This is an issue when we think of the air dynamics for cooling. However, since i need more cooling for the FI system. I utilized the A/C for cooling too. The A/C fans are not very effecient in cooling the radiator. However, the upper portion of the intercooler and the lower portion of the fans are about 1" about.

When the A/C fans are on, they act as dual fans pulling air to cool the upper part of the intercooler. This is quite an interesting idea and works great. After driving for about 30 minutes, i place my hand on the intercooler. One hand on the right and one hand one the left. The right hand part of the intercooler (closer to the turbo) felt warm and the left side felt cool.

In order to active those A/C fans, i have changed the water temperature sensor from 199 degree F (dealer price is $58 and its compatible with Toyota cars at similar years) to 160. However, Toyota or Lexus does not have temperature sensor rated at 160 F. Few after market sensor like Wells (part # SW517 ($29.99)) offers 193 F.

Talked to my friend about this issue. He recommend this glue on temperature sensor ($40). Its about the size of a penny and super glue it into the radiator or any area where temperature can be sense. I use super glue initially to hold it into the side of the radiator and later I used JB Weld glue.

The sensor get ground from the frame and the other line goes to a negative wire of a relay. The cooling system now is activated at 160 F and off at 150. Here are some pictures.

Rod,

Which photo is wrong? I am trying to looks but i dont find any. The above pictures is a Fluidyne Radiator for the Supra TT, but i got to fit it into my LS400. This radiator was sold to Pete because my overheating problem was not the radiator. It was the thermostate..

LOL... now i know what u mean.. Pete's LS400 had a 2JZGTE Swap....

David,

After a bit of looking I have found a simillar thermostat switch in Australia.

My wife is trying to buy one today and I will let you know how it works. If it works OK I will post the source and part number for the Aussies.

Actually, i found the source and got some. Now the members can get from us. I paid $40 each (I got ripped OFF). Now the members can get it from us for $25 each. The reason why the members can get them at that price, because i purchased over 50 pieces to get a break on it. The work wonderfully.