LP gas powed 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Richrider

Hi guys, I have a 93 Hilux 2wd, I have been thinking of repowering it with a 1UZ and running it on gas(LP gas). I have seen a few 1UZs going for $1000 here in Melbourne, no computer/missing a few parts and since I don't really need a computer to run the fueling, if is it possibible to run a 1uz without a computer I will look for the other parts after it is all together
I most likely still need a computer for the auto (Using the Crown seperate auto computer)
Any ideas.
I have had a few quotes from a few engine importers and for them to do this I am looking for near 9 grand, so I think that is a good enough reason to do this myself!
Rich

You're right, a venturi based LP system doesn't need an ECU, but the 1UZ still needs one for its ignition.

I'm currently having a 1UZ built for LPG, but it'll be injected and supercharged as well.

John

theres a thread here somewhere with a guy using a chev crab dizzy cap and bits of a holden dizzy running off one cam so he can use msd ignition, he was looking at makin a few more conversions to sell I think, you might have to do a bit of searchn