Lookin to pick up an sc400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JuNiOr24

Whats up guys, I havent posted for awhile, but im in the market now for that sc400 and had a few questions. I came across a 1992 black with an idle problem and interior messed up w/ 190k mile for $2000 do you think is worth it. also came across a 1993 no problems but dings & dents for $3000 don't know the mileage yet, gonna go look at them this weekend. The car is gonna be more like a project. Was just wondering what r the common problems I should look for?? things i should check.

I'm not sure about the market price in your area, but $2000 with idle problem could turn out to be major repair. Unless you can fix the engine by yourself, then that wouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless, put in additional $4000 will turn it to a decent and good running engine. The thing is don't expect a $2000 car to be in perfect condition.

Even if you bought the car and the engine took a crap, a used motor + everything is $500-$700. These cars rarely encounter catastrophic failure and this is why engines are so cheap. Just make sure you or a friend has some mechanical know how and you'll find these cars are very easy to keep running.

Stay away from the dealer... Old Lexus + dealership = adios wallet LOL.

well i picked up the 1993 sc400 for 2900 today w/ 156k the only problems i found were valve tick, speed rpm fuel indicators don't light up( are they hooked up to the same bulb), left head light kind of dim, passenger seat doesn't move forward or back, a/c display on the right side is kind of dark, and small cracks here and there in the plastic parts of the interior, also stains in the carpet and the usual paint chips outside. Other than that really clean.

yeah, it needs a new paint job and some spots where the paint chipped and it started to rust. runs with no problems so far, but i'm missing some fuses. Goin to pick some up today and find out why they pulled them.