lexus v8 into triumph stag

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Up date Feb 07

All was not well with the engine that was fitted. Found a puddel of rusty water coming from the back of the donk. So due to wanting the engine bay repainted pulled the motor and trans.What I found was the frost plug in the LH head had rusted out and was weeping. Wish that had been found when the engine was being transplanted.
So have replaced both frost plugs 30mm steel, and am tidying up the engine before refitting.
Plan to heat wrap the exhaust manifolds, fit new plug lead set, and have a polished inlet manifold to jazz her up a bit. Auto trans is also getting a tickel up.
Here's a few pic's of how she looked when pulled.

View attachment 5214

View attachment 5215

View attachment 5216

Progress July 07 ??

Well life has been getting in the way with work on the car. But try to do some thing every day and if not at least every week.

work on engine all done, now just need to mate re con trans & tq converter.Run new trans cooler pipes etc.
Alternator and starter motor have been reconditioned.need it done.
picked up a polished inlet maifold (looks real spanky).
Exhaust heat wrapping done, was looking at a set of headers but cost to much and not wanting to have to re do exhaust again.....

will post some new pic's shortly

L8tr

Sparrow

LXSTAG is all go

:) Took out "street car best paint " at the power cruise in Taupo over the week end.
Not as much grunt, but just as much fun as the big block cars that were there.
Now how do I go about putting a sneeky super charger on it ??

Attachments

• new pics 125.jpg
    new pics 125.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Gorgeous car! Let's see the UZ lump in there.

Stag's were really nicely styled cars, hampered only by poor QA/QC and a mediocre engine & drivetrain. The main problem was that they were British (and that's nothing against the Brits - only their auto industry from the 60's through whenever it was that Thatcher pulled the plug on their life support system)

Kudos to you for putting a great motor and drivetrain into a great car.

There are several here who are running centrifugals on their UZ's. One of those might fit. And if you take some careful measurements, and/or drop the engine a bit, you might get away with an Eaton or other type of PD, and only a hood bulge for the front pulley.

What does the car weigh?

Mp90

Ok Have a blower, now need a manifold. Has any one used a MP90 on 1UZFE ? Would like to know what works and what dosn't ? Also trying to find an inlet adaptor for the rear of blower to mount throttle body on RHS. Magnason don't make them any more :-(

Attachments

• feb 10 002.jpg
    feb 10 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 34
  • feb 10 004.jpg
    feb 10 004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 33
Imo .. Change the final drive to something around 3.45 ..
Fit some better breathing exhaust manifolds...It should be quick N/A if given the chance..
With a blower you will need to modify exhaust anyway.. It will detonate bad with restrictive exhaust..

Am waiting on new diff gears at the moment. presantly 3.0 ( wee bit tall but nice on open road ) going to 3.5 plus alloy carrier.
Exhaust is twin 2.25 thru coby style mufflers. Am looking for headers but cost will be high as not alot of room between chassie rails / steering etc.
Thanks for your suggestions

Don't want to sound rude, but the exhaust manifolds are poor for gas flow.

The best thing for the the exhaust is a completely free flowing system. I made one for a stag with a rover 3.9i. All it is, is one x pipe in front of the diff, to balance, then two 1000cc twin, motor bike silencers and that's it nothing to restrict. Sounds good not too loud.

The whole system is 2" which is good enough for 320 bhp.

1UZ-FE into Stag

hi all new to this great site
just wondering if anyone out there knows of a lexus 4ltr. v8 being fitted to a triumph stag.
might save me some time
thanks jax
I'm about two thirds through the project, without re-inventing the wheel as some of the guys have done. There are several or more challenges, generally with a compromise solution. I dropped the front crossmember 20mm, added 15mm to the length of the Intermediate steering shaft and severely modified a centre pan sump with a plasma and a mig welder. Some guys have lowered the cross member 30 mm, and ended up with no bonnet blister, but my steering servo motor was hard into the chassis and it wasn't possible to fit the crossmember bolts back in. I'd like to know how i'ts done.Another guy cut his crossmember centre section out and flanged the ends and bolted it back in after the motor was fitted. Ok if it's done properly and the engineer passes it. My car is going over the pits and will be street legal. I've used the original stag engine mounts and mount supports on the chassis and still could'nt get the motor quite as low as would like, but it looks like a blister of 25mm will happen in the bonnet. The motor is in the centre of the bay not off to LHS like some transplants because of the steering shaft and exhaust manifold Interference. I modified the RHS Soarer exhaust manifold 1993 as i couldn't find any 2 bolt Crown manifolds to play with. I also have a dummy empty block to play with in the car which makes things a lot easier to fit and not fit. Heads and intake also. Then I know everything fits as It's already been there once, and shows up a lot of little things which can be overlooked when transplanting. I'm offshore at the moment and will be back in Perth around New Year If you'd like to see some photos. Cheers and Regards Knobhead.

Sure, post up some pics. Stags look great with anything under the hood, but they look especially nice with the UZ.