Lexus V8 Hot Rod

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Tony,

My AFM is mounted on it's side. It works without any dramas.

I have a 90degree bend immediately in front of my AFM and again it works fine. The honeycomb section of the AFM straightens out the airflow to ensure reliable readings.

Perhaps the BMW engineers haven't discovered honeycomb yet so need a straight run. You wouldn't own a BMW for the world.

Attached is a photo of my inlet/AFM. I've since painted my 4" sewer pipe inlet tract black to look a little less obvious.

The thermo switch came out of the Crown radiator.

It didn't work as planned.

It's a normally closed switch so when the car got up to a temp where it needed the fan on it switched off. Took me a while to figure it out.

I could have run it thru a relay to get it to work but once I turned of the ignition it would have activated the fan as the power came off the relay.

To solve that I could have run another relay to cut the power between the first relay and the fan once the ignition went off.

This was starting to look too hard just to use the Toyota switch.

I opted to use a Jaycar thermo switch and it was simple fun to build (and have work) and has given no trouble. The thermo couple that runs it isn't in the coolant . I have it tucked under the end of the top radiator hose where it's out of harms way and it doesn't compromise the cooling system in any way.

As an aside I purchased a steel (couldn't get brass) plug from Pirtek to fit the top of the thermostat husing and drilled and tapped it to fit the switch. I now use the same fitting for a second temp gauge the car runs.

Thanks for the info re AFM installation guys, it makes things a lot easier......love the black painted sewer pipe btw, I think I'll use the same product but paint it silver to reduce heat soak..........( and to see if I can fool anyone into thinking its aluminium).

The BMW is in my Cobra replica, which has just been featured in Which Kit Car magazine in the UK. The same magazine cant wait to do a feature on the brace of Lexus V8 powered Cobras I'm now building.

Cheers,

Tony