Lexus Radiator Reservoir Tank Info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

duza

I'm currently fitting the Celsior radiator to my Hilux as I have been unable to completely solve overheating problems with the 1UZ and rather than spend hundreds more on a custom radiator, I have decided to utilize the Celsior one sitting in my Shed. I will be fitting Falcon AU thermos to it also.

My question is related to the reservoir tank setup. Obviously, because the Celsior does not have a radiator cap, I will need a remote reservoir which has a pressure cap, but how is the piping configured? There is a 1/2 inch metal pipe coming out of the top side of te radiator and I assume it should go to the reservoir, but all the reservoir tanks I have seen have 2 pipe fittings, one about 1/2 inch and the other about 1 inch. Which one should this pipe go to and where should the other outlet on the tank go to as there is only the one pipe coming out of the radiator? There is a small diameter outlet just below the thermostat housing on the motor, which I have currently had blanked off, I think it is called a bypass hose in the Soarer Bible, but it is only very small in diameter, say 1/4 inch.

34 people have viewed, none answered. Surely there is someone who can open their bonnet and have a look?