Lexus LS460

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
My friend came by my work with his brand new 2007 Lexus LS460L. This ride is too sweet and I dont know where I should start. VIP is all I can think of. Full entertaiment control from the rear seat with 4 temperature zones and a cooler in the back of the back seat.

attachment.php

Damn that is pimp.

So it has the $12,000 "Executive" package, I see? WOW, that car is almost every bit as good as the LS600. Amazing machine. I wish I had the moolah for one.

:)

whats next a stove and convection oven? what it needs is a fold down wet bar from the ceiling with disco lights. They are pimp. do you think they will be modified by people like us in the future? it seems to have too much anti crash control plus parallel parking features. It kind of seems to be oriented towards someone that doesn't know how to drive, or someone thats 80 years old. I don't even like ABS. Where do you see these LS460s in the future when they're old? At the junkyard with the 750il BMWs or in a muscleheads garage all tricked out.

whats next a stove and convection oven? what it needs is a fold down wet bar from the ceiling with disco lights. They are pimp. do you think they will be modified by people like us in the future? it seems to have too much anti crash control plus parallel parking features. It kind of seems to be oriented towards someone that doesn't know how to drive, or someone thats 80 years old. I don't even like ABS. Where do you see these LS460s in the future when they're old? At the junkyard with the 750il BMWs or in a muscleheads garage all tricked out.
at the junkyard because of the price in repairing all the electronic doodads that failed, but this is maybe 20 years down the road.

unless gas goes to 15 dollars a gallon by then, in which case you'll see them in the junkyard cause they're too expensive to run

This car costs a lot less gas than my LS400.

with 130HP (and more because Overrated 1st gen 1UZ) more

those thing does 8-8.5L/100km. that is just AMAZING. My stock LS400 does 12... thats 30% more.

I don't think those cars will get modified because of the hardcore port and direct injection systems.

Those 8 speeds must be a whack to strenghten (but they must already be very good to handle 380HP)

hmm

It makes me wonder that in the future, we might want to still build the older 1UZ and swap it for the over advanced engine of its time. Is it more cost effective to build a 4.3L or a 4.0L for extreme horsepower. Being that you could change a 4.0L into a 5.2L and not have to deal with the newer electronics. If you had $10,000 to dump in a engine set up for a SC430, would you choose to keep the stock 4.3L or trash it for an older 4.0L set up that was built to a bigger Liter. I know someone said the torque converter they bought set off a check engine light in their SC430. Maybe people will build after market ECUs to get around some of the advanced features in future cars and then build the engine up.

Guys,

Don't worry. We will see them in our garages in 12-15 years.
that's horribly pessimistic!

1) they will cost $10,000 or less in 12-15 years
2) we should be earning more money than we presently do by then

therefore, we should have em in our garages in 7-8 years :)

that 600h is awsome car. i would still take bmw 750 over ls460l. i stoped by lex dealer and still japanese cars do not have the feel of bmw but they cost 20g less.

the only thing about the high end BMWs is that they cost 20k more but then lose resale value at a faster pace. The same year of Lexus ends up being worth more after a couple years even though it was much less. Also any one thats not a mechanic is terrified of owning a older high end BMW. I do love the 750 BMWs though. I would love to pull off some sort of swap on a 850. The Infiniti M45 engine is still on my list for a swap. Its an absolutely amazing engine. If I could drop one in the 850 with a charger I would be happy. I would also like to see a 4.5L infiniti engine in a RX7 convertible.

Those BMW's are pretty slow...

The Lexus's I would venture to guess would be alot faster if that really matters to anyone buying a luxury vehicle...

However those beemers are very nice rides on the insides.

I personally would go with the AMG Merc's when considering a luxury car... I think the SL series look awesome inside and out.. Too bad their in the shop being repaired all the time and cost just a bit more then the above mentioned cars.....

If you really got some $ to throw around the new Bentley's are rediculous for luxury...Ohhh man.....

PS. In twelve to fifteen years cars may not be running on petrol fuel, so these cars maybe completely worthless by then....

Here is some more eye candy for ya all.... Newest model Bentley and Merc AMG... Both valued at a small fortune... But then again so is the Lexus LS600h..

The interior of the Bentley is something to die for...I don't have pictures of that...

nice whips, the Mercs always have electrical flaws. The AMG is cool. The only thing about the Mercs is that every model you see seems to be completely different from the other ones. I would hate to be part hunting for one. Consumer reports always slamms them too. Remember the little SUV Merc made a few years ago that turned into an electrical nightmare. Consumer reports said they were a disaster. jibby, you're right about the BMWs being slow. Unless you have a new M5. I once tried to beat an average Firebird in a 750il and got smoked like I was sitting still. I'm sure I would've caught up at around 130-180mph though. They do have one of the best interiors. Also in Germany they build them up but it costs a lot. The Bentleys are intense. I think the real test of a car is how much its worth after a few years. That shows its true quality/engineering and consumer happiness. The SC430 is still going for a good amount all these years later. between 30k on up. BMWs like the 745LI are going for the same amount but were so much more when new. Its like driving off the lot in a Cadillac. Or as I like to call them Cattle Crap.

Temp...There is one Cadilac that isn't Cattle crap I would think, it is fast as crap as I have raced one once months ago.. It's the SVT model I think , it sports alot of horsepower, goes 0-60 in or around 4 seconds... Looks ok to me in black.....

Don't know enough about them to comment, just know they can move...