Lexus cars with 6speed auto.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lexus LS430
3UZ
I think all years were were all 6 spds, but there was a change in transmissions. one used 3 sets of planetary gears, and the later years got 6 spds using only 2 planetary gear sets.

i have heard in a few places that the 6spd will not hold much over stock power though. but it would be a highway monster..

1UZPWR: I would like to know more about what ones where 3 sets and what ones where 2 sets of planetary gears, thanks thats extly what i was looking for.

pres6: what about rebuilt?

Sorry, I got the planetary gear thing wrong.

5spds have 4 sets, front, center and rear, plus a 4th for over drive.
All 6spds have 3 sets, the cool thing is that they have 1 less set, but get an additional gear. I knew something funky went on, just couldn't remember exactly what.

cool thanks. good info. happen to know the ratios in the 6 speeds?

Attachments

• lexecc1.pdf
    134.3 KB · Views: 133
  • lexuecc2.pdf
    130.4 KB · Views: 72
sorry, i don't
i do know that 4th is 1:1 though, so 5th and 6th are over drive

Attachments

• Leakage Holes.jpg
    Leakage Holes.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0399 Copy (Large).jpg
    IMG_0399 Copy (Large).jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0400 copy (Large).jpg
    IMG_0400 copy (Large).jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0407 copy (Large).jpg
    IMG_0407 copy (Large).jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0409 copy (Large).jpg
    IMG_0409 copy (Large).jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0410 copy (Large).jpg
    IMG_0410 copy (Large).jpg
    315 KB · Views: 6
i have not heard of one even being strengthened, i am sure someone with a pocket full of cash has done one, we just have not heard about it yet...
what trans did the guy with the white convertible sc430TT use? that car was a 5spd auto stock right?
i know in the supra community there is a compnay called "level-10" that used to upgrade the a340e, even have a buddy that had one done, cost him like 3g's and he never even used it..the car got wrecked before it could be installed.

I had a level 10 trans in my first supra, 87 turbo my mom bough new that go handed down to me later on. its the car that got me into japanese cars.

Import Performance Transmission - first choice -

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/toyotaauto.shtml

TOYOTA / LEXUS PERFORMANCE AUTOMATICS
ES300, GS300, GS400, GS430, IS300, LS 400, LS430, LX450, LX470, RX300, RX330, SC300, SC400, SUPRA, CAMRY, 4 RUNNER, CELICA, LAND CRUISER, TACOMA, T100, RAV 4, TUNDRA, JEEP AW4, ISUZU 30-40LE

REAR WHEEL DRIVE / 4 WHEEL DRIVE

* Valve body is custom calibrated to provide the ultimate in clutch application power and clamping force (The modifications performed by us are a proprietary design and are unavailable elsewhere)
* Virtually indestructible Raybestos Blue Plates are installed in all shifting clutches
* *NEW FEATURE* We have now developed the industry's only 6 friction disk C-2 clutch pack for a 50% increase in third gear holding capacity.
* New one way clutches (sprags) are installed in all locations
* Planetary splines are heat treated to prevent stripping
* Metalax treatment is applied to input shaft to eliminate stress related failure
* Sun shell is heat treated to prevent spline stripping
* New design high flow solenoid assemblies are installed
* Lube system is redesigned to provide increased flow and cooler operation
* Performance pressure regulator boost valve is installed to prevent sluggish line pressure rise and to increase clutch holding ability.

NOTE: This unit is the strongest configuration that can be achieved with this Toyota transmission. However, if you are running much faster than 9.99 we recommend the installation of a domestic three speed or Powerglide transmission. These units also enable you to enjoy the many benefits of a Trans Brake and 8", 9", or 10" torque converter. See our specialty RWD section or call us for details.

http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2004-01-0650

Abstract:
Toyota Motor Corporation has recently developed a new six-speed automatic transmission (A761E) for Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive (FR) vehicles. Following the general trend of increased shift stages and a wider range of gear ratios, this six-speed automatic transmission has been developed with attention paid to the gear steps and a wider range of gear ratios. By balanced selection of close-ratio gears in a wider range, the change greatly improves the power performance and fuel economy of the vehicle. To further improve fuel economy we have adopted new technologies such as low-viscosity ATF, neutral control, and deceleration control by extending the fuel cut range (reset speed). We have also adopted a flat-shaped torque converter, small solenoids, an aluminum oil pump cover, etc., to realize the lightest six-speed automatic transmission in the world. This automatic transmission is low cost due to the adoption of the same gear train as the previously developed five-speed automatic transmission (A750E).

A761E

6 Speed Automatic Transmission

Applications:

* 2006-2007 IS350
* 2004-2006 LS430
* 2006-2007 GS430
* 2006-2007 SC430

Gear Ratios: 1st 3.296 2nd 1.958 3rd 1.348 4th 1.000 5th 0.725 6th 0.582 Rev 2.951

Import Performance Transmission - first choice -

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/toyotaauto.shtml

TOYOTA / LEXUS PERFORMANCE AUTOMATICS
ES300, GS300, GS400, GS430, IS300, LS 400, LS430, LX450, LX470, RX300, RX330, SC300, SC400, SUPRA, CAMRY, 4 RUNNER, CELICA, LAND CRUISER, TACOMA, T100, RAV 4, TUNDRA, JEEP AW4, ISUZU 30-40LE

REAR WHEEL DRIVE / 4 WHEEL DRIVE

* Valve body is custom calibrated to provide the ultimate in clutch application power and clamping force (The modifications performed by us are a proprietary design and are unavailable elsewhere)
* Virtually indestructible Raybestos Blue Plates are installed in all shifting clutches
* *NEW FEATURE* We have now developed the industry's only 6 friction disk C-2 clutch pack for a 50% increase in third gear holding capacity.
* New one way clutches (sprags) are installed in all locations
* Planetary splines are heat treated to prevent stripping
* Metalax treatment is applied to input shaft to eliminate stress related failure
* Sun shell is heat treated to prevent spline stripping
* New design high flow solenoid assemblies are installed
* Lube system is redesigned to provide increased flow and cooler operation
* Performance pressure regulator boost valve is installed to prevent sluggish line pressure rise and to increase clutch holding ability.

NOTE: This unit is the strongest configuration that can be achieved with this Toyota transmission. However, if you are running much faster than 9.99 we recommend the installation of a domestic three speed or Powerglide transmission. These units also enable you to enjoy the many benefits of a Trans Brake and 8", 9", or 10" torque converter. See our specialty RWD section or call us for details.

http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2004-01-0650

Abstract:
Toyota Motor Corporation has recently developed a new six-speed automatic transmission (A761E) for Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive (FR) vehicles. Following the general trend of increased shift stages and a wider range of gear ratios, this six-speed automatic transmission has been developed with attention paid to the gear steps and a wider range of gear ratios. By balanced selection of close-ratio gears in a wider range, the change greatly improves the power performance and fuel economy of the vehicle. To further improve fuel economy we have adopted new technologies such as low-viscosity ATF, neutral control, and deceleration control by extending the fuel cut range (reset speed). We have also adopted a flat-shaped torque converter, small solenoids, an aluminum oil pump cover, etc., to realize the lightest six-speed automatic transmission in the world. This automatic transmission is low cost due to the adoption of the same gear train as the previously developed five-speed automatic transmission (A750E).

A761E

6 Speed Automatic Transmission

Applications:

* 2006-2007 IS350
* 2004-2006 LS430
* 2006-2007 GS430
* 2006-2007 SC430

Gear Ratios: 1st 3.296 2nd 1.958 3rd 1.348 4th 1.000 5th 0.725 6th 0.582 Rev 2.951

wonder how this a761e holds up and is there any upgrades for them yet?was going to go manuel but i dont want to have to shift in traffic so now looking into nice autos that will work better than the stock 5 speed auto