Lexus capri

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8BOSS

Hi all, we are building a MK3 capri up with a 1uz W55 and skyline independant rear end. Already have the motor and box, just working our way through it all.We are going to run a megasquirt system on it, with a csutom plenum chamber on top of the inlet manifold to give us a bit more top end. The idea is for a good handling circuit/tarmac rally car with plenty of torque, horsepower and reliability, with a good resale value as well. Anyone done one of these before that can give me any tips?

There have been a couple of Capri projects here. Try a search and see what pops up.

BTW, the lower manifold of the 1UZ has been proven to be the restriction to top end, I'd dump it ASAP if I were you.

Great platform BTW; the Capri was my first car out of university back in '73. It had nearly everything needed to be a great car, except that anemic V6motor that sounded like it wanted to come apart above 5500, and the live axle, and you're addressing both those shortcomings.

My mate Russel (rusty) has a very nice example capri racecar. 1uz , 5 speed , RX7 front cross member and brakes , hilux diff with MA70 disc brakes ran with a link plus. Performs really well and reliable. Send me a PM and ill give you his number. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Kelvin, I think I've heard about that car, the guy I bought the Capri off mentioned he knew of a capri with a RX7 subframe in it. Very keen to chat with him about that, as I believe they are an easy swap. I will give you a call as for some reason my PM doesn't seem to be working. Cheers, Paul