Lexus 1/4 mile times...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I have been searching a few forums for the best Lexus 1/4 mile times...Not that impressive as most everyone cannot break the 13 second barrier except for 1 or two people...What is going on here?... I am defenitely going to the track soon and damn it I plan to give that 13 a run for the money.....Would it be cheating to remove my passenger seat, use high octane fuel, etc? I may pull out all the tricks to get my SC moving, even reduce rear tire pressure you name it...Any thoughts on how to best prepare a car for the timed quarter? Are these temp mods cheating?

There are plenty of SC's with 2JZGTE transplants that go much faster than 13 sec. As for using a v8, there was the Blast Racing SC that used a fully built 2UZ in it that ran 8's or so.
I have a vid of it burning out.

One disanvantage of the V8 is its auto tranny and a low stall speed from the torque converter. If the SC V8 has a manual tranny, I'm very positive it'll break the 13s with the same mods. The auto tranny can be rebuilt to be stronger/quicker but it seems to be expensive so none has done it, maybe 1 person that I've heard of.

You guys have good points...Stock tranny and weight are big...As far as Sc's breaking 13's I searched the Club and Lextreme and only found one here in America and he did 12.8 seconds in the quarter with tt 1uz, and a built stock tranny... Some Aussie's have torn up the track with SC300's 11's and what not....Stock auto tranny with turbo's high 13's is the best I found...

Weight reduction for one day at the track...- Remove doors hood, and passenger seat, run a quarter of tank of gas on 101 octane which I got right down the street from me at $8 a gallon..... That should help with times.., I wonder if they would even allow me on the track rolling up with that? (little silly)... I don't think I would remove the doors, and hood but those babies weigh a ton....

John, at the track they sell octane 110 for like 6 bucks a gallon. Those thing really kick when you put it in the car. As for remove doors and stuff I dont think they would let you run if you do. However, you can strip your interior but just make sure nothing is loose then you are set to run.

Attachments

• HPIM0126.JPG
    HPIM0126.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 12
  • HPIM0127.JPG
    HPIM0127.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0128a.JPG
    HPIM0128a.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 23
More octane = Harder to burn. unless you have more than 11.5 of compression, using 110 won't help your car, actually it could be worse because the gas doesn't burn well.

I'd say go 94 to 98 maximum for a 10.4:1 engine. And your NOS actually cools the combustion chamber so even with lower octane, you'd still get good times.

No, I am not going to strip down the car for the quarter.., I will just run it as I would as a daily driver...Because that is how I would be racing normally anyway...That is why I asked do you think it is cheating..Then post results....Anyway, thanks for responses...James, $6 for 110, damn what is that like jet fuel?????

Malibu canyon gas, that's the gas station that sells the 101 and 103 octane near me..I guess they are ripping off the rich Malibu, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, folk that come driving up in their antique Porsche's and Ferrari's and some hotrods at $8 a gallon...Ouch...

bango said:
Seems to me getting off the line fast is one factor with heavy cars,I often wonder what can be done to improve tractions at the start,you can gain seconds if you can get a good grip/takeoff..im looking in to that,Have a look at this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0b90G8Yhg&mode=related&search=
Dampening force, coilovers, soft rubber slick tires, weight transfer, etc..are all factors in gaining off the line traction.. Softer suspension in the best, aweful for cornering and handling....Give and a take.....

you have to have enough power to roast a set of slicks off the line before you need to worry about weight transfer....

I've not kept a close eye on the pro drag circuit, but I know some dragsters use to use slide weights that shift toward the rear to add weight to keep those slicks gripping at launch...

If you have a real light rearend like our lexus's/soarer's it is very challenging to keep those rears gripping at launch with 300rwhp + a good torque converter.....Especially if you are running nos with the non controlled ecceleration factor...Infact, there was a time I put 500 or 600lbs worth of sand bags in my SC400 trunk just to see the difference at launch...Well It gripped alright and broke.....Lug bolts broke off (pop,pop,pop fast sound), and then one rear tire went flying as I road the brake rotor to a safe stop...I was suprised the driveshaft did not snap first....Needless to say i had to replace the one right rear spindle... My idea was Counter productive but somewhat effective too at launch...

In conclusion - Weight transfer to the rear is key in any car.... Especially when not running slicks...

can you spin a pair of slicks at launch? if not, weight transfer is not an issue. you first have to have the power to overcome the tires.

you're talking about removing pieces at the track to get a better time yet you wont just buy a cheap set of welds and put some slicks on the back?

i dont get it.

edit: not to mention 600lbs in weight in the trunk is 600 steps backwards.... improving your 60 from 2.2 to 1.9 is not going to make a difference if your car is 600lbs heavier.

weight transfer is important in any car. period. its the reason he has any of the traction he does have. but the faster you are, the more of a difference it makes, i get your point.

of course a track going car would need at least a set of welds and slicks, but i mean hes never even been to the track, and i dont think he plans on going more than once a year, so i think it would be money wasted.

just go to the track already man....

I know Xir, I am going too the track asap..maybe this weekend if I can get my car out of the shop..Just sharing info, ideas, silly experiences and asking stupid questions which I already pretty much know the answers too......

Turb's - I understand your point and you are absolutely correct, if you can not break loose the rear tires with slicks or non slicks then traction and weight transfer is not an issue at all.. Weight reduction is always a concideration for faster times... I regret writing this stupid thread, I am not stripping my car down for the track and I put that 600lbs of weight in my trunk over a year ago when I was clowning around with my new nos system... I know what's up fellas...

I know I break loose now if I want to big time, and I am sure I would break loose from launch too with slicks... My current treads are grippy as I said the front end lifts at launch a bit...End of story...

Traction = speed...
Burnouts = rear tire wear, a smoke cloud, impressive to on lookers, but slow times is what you will get....

Torque converter and nos and approx 300rwhp or more = no traction in first gear period....slicks or no slicks... Car would wheelie if the traction was 100% from launch or something would break for sure....

Precision Dragon Torque converter - and it is extremely torquey from launch... This DTC is not cheap, you can send your stock one into LEXTREME for less then half the costs if I am not mistaken to be recalibrated...

jibby, don't worry about all this stuff, lower your tire pressure, remove your spare, and have around a 1/4 tank of gas and this will give you an honest run of a street car, which is what your car is. Btw, i have a video of a 2jzgte big turbo swapped sc with the 6 speed running 9's and at full weight and no nos (i'll have to check that), not stripped at all. I'll just have to find it some day and post it, working alot at the moment so maybe i'll find it this weekend.