Lextreme members want to go fishing?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
What do you guys think about the fishing trip at the lake? July is coming near and I know you guys also plan to go for a dyno in July. I guess Saturday or Sunday is great. Oh man! I went fishing on a Long Beach Sportfishing open boat last week and I caught a lot of fish. The fishing season is hot. Don't miss it, and prepare your fishing weapons......If any of you don't have fishing poles, I got at least 6 poles to get you grounded.

How about a meet at the track and lake? I would love to run our cars to see where they are at...

James, did you tune your car and get it running right yet?...Also I am in the process of renting my house so I have many extra lexus parts I would like to get rid of...If any of you guys need rear axles, fan parts, complete open end differential, stock brake rotors, shocks and springs, stock sc430 tires (2), and a bunch of other stuff.. Just let me know and you can pick up for free any time... I just have too much car junk that I don't think I will ever use.......

I only Ebay the smaller stuff to sell...

John,
If you don't need the springs, then could you give them to me? I actually need the rear springs only. I cut the stock rear springs in hoping they'd sit evenly with my previous Tanabe springs, but the ride was so bad. That's why I switched to the Tein SS. If you need to get rid of them fast, then please let me know when I can come and pick them up.

Fish! Fish! Fish!

Car is running good john. Not perfectly tune since I need AEM EMS for that and still saving up for it. I'm down for fishing anytime after the dyno meet. Or before that. Let me know guys.

Steve, you can pick them up anytime....Just let me know when you want to come by....

James, Sorry to hear you still don't have your car running at peak performance...That must be frusterating...Good luck with getting it right....Fishing sounds good.

Fishing

This is my first post on this forum, and I have to say, I didn't think it would be about fishing. Thanks to one of Johns posts in the other Lexus forum, I found this one. Thanks John. It is a breath of fresh air to be reading informative threads on our cars and people getting along with each other! That other forum is really starting to get on my last nerve. Too much bickering.
I am down for a fishing adventure. I have not gone fishing for at least 20 years. You guys are making it sound like a blast. How can you beat the combo of Viet coffee, beer, and Lextremists? Keep me in the loop on this one. i look forward to meeting everyone.
David

David no problem,, and welcome to the king of all forums.. If your talking about the Club yes there is bickering, put downs, etc.. You won't see much of that on this forum...

John

Welcome to the club David. We are a friendly community that is base on same interest and hobby.

Attachments

• belt+bearing.jpg
    belt+bearing.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 4
SC400DAVE said:
This is my first post on this forum, and I have to say, I didn't think it would be about fishing. Thanks to one of Johns posts in the other Lexus forum, I found this one. Thanks John. It is a breath of fresh air to be reading informative threads on our cars and people getting along with each other! That other forum is really starting to get on my last nerve. Too much bickering.
I am down for a fishing adventure. I have not gone fishing for at least 20 years. You guys are making it sound like a blast. How can you beat the combo of Viet coffee, beer, and Lextremists? Keep me in the loop on this one. i look forward to meeting everyone.
David
Dave,
You're pretty much welcome by all of us. I have to say that I'm proud of our Lextreme forum (not Mr. Lextreme himself.....Oop!:banana: ) because of our friendliness and mechanical geek members. We're very serious about cars and not putting down or air-kissing other members around like other Lexus forums.

Yes, fishing baby! :Thinkingo I haven't heard anything new about this trip from Mr. Lextreme yet. How about July 8, Saturday or July 9 Sunday?

Hey Dave,

Welcome to our humble forum. We are bunch of DIY guys love to help out. So far in Socal we have few hard core Lextremers. James, Steve, John and Myself. We meet once a while. Since we all have busy schedules and family. Its extremely different to allocate time. However, we love to sit down and have a nice cup of coffee especiall cafe si da..LOL... We just love to chat and about cars.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome guys! I am a machinist by trade,so if we need to fabricate something, I might be able to help out.I am not doing that now, but I still have access to a shop.
I live in an apartment in Redondo Beach,and they don't allow us to work on our cars at all.Can't even wash the car! Sucks! I am very mechanically inclined and love my Sc, so we have that in common.
I totally relate to the time issue. I have a wife and kids too, and one on the way. Let me know about the fishing trip.

Attachments

• HPIM0079.JPG
    HPIM0079.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 43
  • HPIM0083.JPG
    HPIM0083.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 24
Lextreme said:
Two or more kids now.. and one more on the way? Damn.... Cut it bro....LOL....
LOL... I have 2 kids from my previous marriage. My daughter is 16 and my son is 22.They live with mamma full time. My 2ng gen model never has had kids,:veryhappy so I caved. Not bad though, I appreciate getting a second chance. I did a lot of stupid stuff in my youth. I'm 41 this August.

I have two also.. but they are young.. However, my little son (3 years) knows which car is Lexus and which car is not Lexus. He sits on my lap and we drive from our driveway to our carport. He is into cars too. The movie Cars makes it worst...

I have no kids as I am still just a big kid myself at age 38....However, I did almost knock up a few previous girl friends but pulled out just in time...Still working on finding that good girl.. Ha Ha Ha...

So A Redondo boy? That is a very nice area, similar to my location in Santa Monica....A beachy area...

A machinest by trade...with that being said only a few words comes to mind (Bell housing adaptor plates)...

Anyway, Dave what are your plans with your SC4 and what have you modified to date on it? We like stories on this forum...

Bell housing adapter plates it is. Do you have any drawings on what we need? Let me know! I have access to a machine shop with both conventional and cnc equipment. I know a guy that knows mastercam too!

Well my Sc is stock except for tinted windows and different chrome stock wheels off another Lexus type. Not sure exactly what car they came off. I plan on restoring the car back to it's glory a bit at a time. First I am saving up for new supra LCA's and bushings for the rest of the car, along with new struts. Tranny and engine mounts are also high on the priority list. New exhaust. probably just cat back. Oh and do the BFI so she breathes easier. After that I want to get my interior to as new condition. New leather and fix the few broken and cracked trim pieces.Then a paint job and new rims. Then turbo? nos? upgrade the torque converter? rebuild the tranny if needed? I am kinda worried about the tranny. I read a post by Steve that said the way to test the tranny is to apply the brakes and parking brake,put the tranny in D position, then stomp on the gas, and the RPM should hit 2800 without hesitation. I tried it this morning and it only went to 2000. So like I said I am worried about that now. I plan on doing a full tranny flush soon. Any suggestions on where to take it for that? I understand it can take hours to do it and that whoever performs the flush should go thru all the gears while flushing to make sure everything gets cleaned out. I had the tranny fluid changed when I bought the car last year. I have had her for a year now on 6-26. I am limited on how much money I can spend at one time, so the fixes and mods will come over time, unless there will be big demand for those adapter plates lol.:veryhappy

Dave, I did everything you already want to do with my SC...I can get you a factory quality paint job for $1000...Color sanding, buffing, ding removal...Got a paint shop in the hood, they did my SC400 a year ago and is still shining today...

Exhaust work, etc.. just PM me when you are serious about the upgrades as I can give you phone numbers and addresses for the best hookups.....