landcuriser swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

v8fj55

I am looking into putting a 1uz in my FJ55. From what I understand some ecu run the motor and trans. What I need to know if I am planing on running a a340f will this trans be compatible with any ecu or do I need to get a doner ecu that dosen't run the trans. Also are the only models that don't run the trans electronic control? Tell me if I am making this harder that it needs to be. What might be a better choice for a trans as well?

You could swap to a T700R - lots of aftermarket support especialy seeing as you are state side

you can buy the motor to trans adaptor from castlemaine rod shop - www.rodshop.com.au

and the trans to t-case adaptor from advance adaptors in the US

bubs said:
You could swap to a T700R - lots of aftermarket support especialy seeing as you are state side

you can buy the motor to trans adaptor from castlemaine rod shop - www.rodshop.com.au

and the trans to t-case adaptor from advance adaptors in the US
The T700R proabably a better choice in a 4x4. Being that the tundra has had a few problems with the 2uz/a340.

Some motor have separate ecu's for the trans and engine.
But I'd hazard a guess that the A340F is similar enough to the A340E that the 1uz uses, and you can control this box with the 1uz auto computer.

Its just a guess though.