Kick down switch wiring.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Does anybody happen to know which plug and pin no. the kickdown switch needs to be wired to? I'm nearing the end of my project now and it's the only thing I've not been able to wire up. I can't find anything relating to it in my wiring diagrams. From memory there's an earth and a green wire, will double check tomorrow.
1995 ls400.
Thanks in advance.
Lee.

Does anybody happen to know which plug and pin no. the kickdown switch needs to be wired to? I'm nearing the end of my project now and it's the only thing I've not been able to wire up. I can't find anything relating to it in my wiring diagrams. From memory there's an earth and a green wire, will double check tomorrow.
1995 ls400.
Thanks in advance.
Lee.

I don't bother connecting them up Lee, the transmission still kicks down OK. If you find yourself needing 1st gear in a hurry, just pull the shift lever back to L.:)

The kickdown switch switches to earth when pressed by the way.

Yeah I guessed it switched to earth. :)
It's just that it was there and was trying to use as much of the donor parts as I could and it fitted in easily. I wouldn't mind trying it with and without the kickdown switch if you happen to know where I need to pick up the power to it Vince? Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Sorry, should've thought to post pin configuration with first post.
34 22 16 28
Unsure of ecu number, can update that later.
The kickdown is definately not listed on my diagrams, I've been through them numerous times. I have a diagram somewhere on my pc that shows the KD pin but I have no idea what model that diagram is from, it's just the ECT/ECU and it doesn't relate to mine at all.
Thanks.
Forgot to add, sequential I think.

Last edited:
some ecus do have it some dont
if it doesnt kick down into 1st when yr doing 30 or 40 kph then it might need a kickdown switch
u will wear the gear lever out if u constantly pull it back to 1st hahahahahahah

Yes it is green/yellow. Unfortunately rain has stopped play for now, so can't see if there's a corresponding wire on the ecu yet that I've missed before.

Kickdown should be green and yellow on Pin 15 of the 28 pin plug.

hth,

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks Tonyd, I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow now to have a look, when (fingers crossed) it won't be p*****g down with rain.
According to my diagrams pin 15 should be green/orange (ELS) and comes from 'TAIL' fuse. But I'd say only about 70-80% of my wires matched the diagrams I have.:(
I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.
Thanks again.

'95 and '96 wiring diagrams show pin 15 on 28 pin plug as ELS (green/orange) that goes to tail fuse. (Green wire on '96 diagram)

A '94 diagram shows pin 15 on 28 pin plug as KD (green/yellow) goes to kickdown switch.

It's most likely you have a '94 engine/loom Lee.

Finally got a chance to have a look at the 28 pin plug tonight, and there's nothing in pin 15. Maybe Toyota altered the loom and the programing but hadn't got round to telling the employees to stop fitting the switch :D
I'm gonna leave the switch in there for a short while just incase anyone comes up with any more suggestions as to where it might plug in, then I'll unbolt it.

do u know what the gear shifter looks lime that is for your motor
does it have an over drive switch on it or is it a shifter
with a staggered shift pattern
they are wired differently