just bought my 1uz, need some opinions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

urbancustoms

i purchased the 1uz from a 92 sc400. it cost me 930 shipped with the harness. i told the guy his asking price was kind of high so to compensate for that he gave me either motor mounts or an alternator. i still thought it was kinda high price for a motor thats missing starter, power steering and ac. but the only reason i paid the price was because it had 65k miles.

i will be putting this motor in my 95 supra. i am re using my manual tranny. any recommendations before the swap begins. the motor itself should just drop in though right?

also the supra aem ems will should bolt right up to the sc400 harness i hope??

I myself would have bought an entire wrecked SC400 for 2-3 times what you paid. Then you'd be able to pick over the things you'd need and what you wouldn't.

I have heard from somewhere on this forum that the AEM standalone system will clip into the harness but don't take my word on that because I really don't know.

-Dave

well i would have bought the whole car but its soo much hassel for me. i just bought the motor had it shipped to my friends shop where the conversion was being done.

as far as i know so far im missing either the alternator or motor mounts, depends on which he sends me. i wont be running ac/power steering. i have the w58 tranny im using. so far in general all i think im mainly missing is some kind of adapter plate/custom bell housing for the tranny, and starter.