Just bought 2JZ-GTE engine today.......

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gowest

After month of checking out Retrodrive LS300T project, today I finally decide to follow what Retrodrive LS300T have been done..........I choose 2JZ-GTE instead of V8. I have some question I would like to ask ............

1.Is stock fuel pump of 1UZ will able to supply 2JZ with enough fuel.

2.My goal is 400 rwhp......that what hp rating I been told that stock auto can withstand.......is that true? If not what can be done? Over here bunch of stuff to make engine to go beyound 800hp is everywhere ...but auto tran that capable was not to be seen......

I think you will need to upgrade the fuel pump for sure. Couple of issues you need to be address:

1. Accessory control: ie ac
2. Computer control.
3. Special engine mounts.

The LS400 is a very heavy car and the 3.0 will have a hard time in the lowered engine.

If you are going to go through aaaaaaaaaalll the trouble of putting in the 2J motor, dont waste your time with an automatic tranny. Swap it to a 6 speed. I see no reason to not have a 6 speed in the car with the 2J motor. Running an automatic is just going to add to the cars off the line problems. DROP IN A 6 SPEED AND RUN 800 HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like 6speed but my wife said no............plus I already have Nissan Cedric with RB26det and 5 speed......Twin plate clutch is the pain in the a*** to drive.

So 6speed is not for me at the moment..... will try to work with auto trans unitl it broke down.

Try to finish removeing the V8 today.

The engine was installed today with big help from friend and shop mechanic. After the first try we struck with first problem the engine seem to hit the firewall, at first I think that I might need a custom engine mount. But after long discussion with shop mechanic, 2JZ-GTE VVTi engine mount was source from local junk yard (cost $25), then stock engine monunt was relpace with one from VVTi engine. The engine was install.. ....... bravo the engine sit nicely in the engine bay.

Will take some more pic and post it tomorrow.

Thank for good comment. I just follow what retrodrive have done. He is true elite.

Here some more pic. of Cusco strut bar(JZX80) and Greddy intercooler measure 24"*12"*3"inches. It have small dent on it, hope that it will not leaking.

I 'll try to fit rear Brembo caliper borrow from EVO8 in the rear, too. More pic soon.

I'll be curious to hear how responsive this car is off the line once it's finished. There's a few MKIV Supra owners on this forum who are swapping out the 2JZ-GTE for the 1UZ, because the 2JZ has such a gutless low end. Sure, it makes fantastic HP once it's under boost, but getting it going is a PITA. I'd think putting it in an even heavier car like this would only make the problem worse. Like gowest, I have a twin disc clutch and a lightweight flywheel in my Supra, and it's not a fun car to drive in heavy traffic.

Gowest, I think keeping the automatic in this car was a great decision - but get a high stall torque converter to help the launch.
John

It would be interesting to see a LS400 with GT40 running 15 psi vs. a LS400 with 2JZGTE running 15 psi. Side by side for a 1/4 mile. I wonder what the result going to be.

Pound for pound

Supra turbo weight at 3500lb and run 13.6sec. if my car run low 14. I will be very happy.

FMIC already in place.

Drive shaft was sent to machine shop - cut, weld, and balance.

Who know final drive ratio of 1UZ. 2JZ is 3.769???

Why don't you get the Boost Logic upgraded tranny or the Sound Performance one? I'm not sure how much shipping those would be though.
But to combat the fact that there is little low end grunt with the 2jz just get the good torque converter, high stall, and brake boost it.
smile.gif