jaycar speedo corrector

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Straight from the website...

Digital Speedo Corrector

Ref: High Performance Electronic Projects for Cars - Silicon Chip Publications.
If you upgrade your gearbox, change diff ratios or even change to a larger circumference tyre, you could be plagued with an inaccurate speedo. It alters the speedo signal up or down from 0% to 99% of the original signal. The adjustment is easy to dial in using multi position switches. This unit could avoid traffic fines, which may result from using a non-calibrated speedo. It is also suitable for altering speed sensor input reading to the ECU or auto transmission control computer. Kit supplied with PCB, and all electronic components.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to step UP my speedo, and one corrector wasn't enough.. two fixed the problem :)

And this is from the kit documentation:

Specifications
Output Rate adjustable in 1% steps from 0-99%
Output either faster or slower than the input at the set rate

You can set Link 2 for step up or step down. That's how you can get from 1-99% UP and 1-99% down.

Can't understand how you needed 2 unless you wanted a different signal for the gearbox ECU and the speedo - this is a common problem as the speed sensor signal is different for both of these functions on some autos.

grahamd said:
Can't understand how you needed 2 unless you wanted a different signal for the gearbox ECU and the speedo - this is a common problem as the speed sensor signal is different for both of these functions on some autos.
I needed more than 100% increase... Since the code for the PIC isn't available I just built a 2nd corrector.

Yes.. there was/is other ways to work around it... I just wanted it done quickly as the car had to go in for roadworthy...