ITBs on OBD2 motor and CEL

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TheRonTom3

I have been tossing around the idea of Individual throttle bodies on my car for a bit now. I do not need gobs of power that I would get from FI but what i want more instead is throttle response. I am coming from a uber built honda background and i remember throttle response being instant. I want that back. I was thinking of using a stock manifold a making my own ITB set up. I have done it before on a few other cars.

My consideration is here in NY state obd2 cars will not pass insepction if throwing a CEL. Are there any ITB setups that do not throw a CEL? Of the top of my head I bet the answer is no cause I imagine they all delete egr. Then there is all so the Maf issue.

There really isnt much info out there. Just a few websites where you can purchase a set up. But nothing is said as to what software/hardware is used.

Anyone have expirience on ITB 1UZ who wants to chime in and help a guy out?

I personally dont have experiance with ITB's on a UZ but do have ITB experiance in general. The EGR part can be worked around in several ways. The only thing is that Im not sure how hard it is with the Inspections in NY and what all they check. Here when we had inspections, all it was was a sniffer test and that was it, no visual or anything.

As for the MAF issues, easy fix... Air box plenums Y'ed together to a single pipe leading to the MAF sensor then to a filter.

No sniffer test here. Also no visual. They pretty much just plug into the computer and check fro any CEL or engine codes.