Is a 1uz worth parting out?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Matt300ZXT

I've decided to go to the dark side with a 1jz/r154 setup in my SC400 and have a spare v8 that I can't get rid of. Been trying to sell it forever, even a good package price with my IMF headers and still can't move in. Is it worth tearing apart to sell and make room for the 1jz? Do you guys that part them out make decent money for it? Even if I could get just what I'm asking for the whole thing I think it'd be worth parting out if I can at least get rid of the big heavy parts, then maybe I could just sell the rest of the bits for scrap or something. What do you guys think?

I don't think parting the engine out can sell much. The reason is there're many 1UZ engines out there that are sold for cheap. The 1UZ can be had from $100-$700. I've seen 1UZ OEM used parts that are advertised and slowly sold.

NO!!! It is not worth parting out. As Steve said, they can be had for cheap...mainly 2 reasons:
  1. They are exceptionally reliable, and can take quite a bit of abuse in stock form and keep on running.
  2. They are exceptionally expensive to modify and build, plus there are few off the shelf performance parts for them, so most never venture into modding these engines...Except for us die hard guys...

You may not even be able to give it away...
Enjoy the jz swap.

Ryan