Installing a bonnet scoop over an intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jago

Gday,
I have already had some very informative feedback relating to intakes, so id like to get another answer. I still want to put some sort of an intake on a 92 sc400, ive done a lot of reading and know that the BFI is easily the cheapest and probably the intake with the most HP gains, but I dont really like the look of the BFI as it's very plain.....i'm sure people will agree. I was wondering if I was to put on a decent intake with heat shield and put a small bonnet scoop over the cone/pod would this increase air flow and performance enough to warrant the time and effort of the job. Damien has pointed out problems with changing the resonant chamber, so providing the intake system is of good quality and I can keep water from coming through the scoop will this give better performance?
Cheers

bonnets are low pressure areas, so unless you plan on installing a bug-catcher, or otherwsie intend to extract air out of your intake, id suggest otherwise

although, as you rank looks up the top of your list of requirements, perhaps you wont mind?