Injector cap what if broken!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rwdfreak

I was looking on the net for replacement as mine (well 4 out of 8) were dry rotten and cracked when I removed them and the fuel rail from the lower manifold.

Since I could not find any Toyota/Lexus part # for that on the web see link I was wondering does any of you know if the fuel flow pattern and the atomization will remain the same if I cannot put new ones in (aka removing the caps) http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1991_LEXUS_LS400_UCF10L-AEPGKK_2211.html

Also if anyone knows where I could find replacement I'd really apreciate.
BTW those are for stock 1UZ injectors

Thanks

If you want to get "just" the plastic housing, give Curt Aigner a try at Elmhurst Toyota, [email protected]. Only problem is that you'll need the P/N for the plastic housing, and to get that, you'll either have to give him the numbers off the old ones, or do some research in the Toyota Wire Harness Repair book.

Also try Bruce Holt @ www.fiveomotorsports.com. He sells injector pigtails at a great price, and you might find it cheaper/easier to buy the whole pigtail through him, than buying just the plastic housing from Toyota.

I think you are talking about the pintle caps rwdfreak?
The little plastic caps that fit over the tip of the injectors?
Mine did the same thing...

You wont be able to get those from Toyota (they will only supply full injectors).

Have your injectors cleaned & flow tested.
When doing this, they will replace the pintle caps and also the other seals and o-rings on the injectors (which have gone hard).
Having them cleaned is a good thing to have done while they are out anyway.

I think you are talking about the pintle caps rwdfreak?
The little plastic caps that fit over the tip of the injectors?

Exactly sorry I didn't had the proper term. I was also wondering if there's other engine using similar injectors. It might be cheaper just to score good ones at the yard.

I'm gonna try to find a places that does injector cleaning. Any bad behaviour without pintle caps?

Big thanks

Get them cleaned. It cost me ~$20AU ea.

They are all old and dirty, who knows what condition ones you pick up from a wrecker will be like.

The pintle caps stop fuel from collecting on the tips of the injectors, which then dries out leaving a residue and clogs them.

I was quoted 50$ each for balancing and cleaning. I'm gonna try to find cheaper solution. I dont really want to spend that much money until the engine is in the car and running ok.

Why can't I just buy the stupid caps???

Thanks MWp and Cribbjs

UPDATE

I was refered by someone on Celica-gts to www.osidetiger.com I got a complete injector rebuild kit inclueding the two possible pintle caps style for Denso injectors. All that for $55 US shipped to the door

Really nice place. Fast service too, they answered my emails in less than 24 hours.

I appreciate your concern smitherz, but since I live in Canada, exchange rate and shipping is a much more painfull and expensive thing. For now I just want to get the engine running and in the hole. After that in a year or two I'll get the engine out and get those kind of things done alone with power increase mods. I know I'll pay twice for the gaskets, but they wont be lost as I have other engine/project which use the same stuff.

I'm still in school which mean I'm on tight budget for an other year. After that I should be fine.

Thanks

Uhhh it won't cost you THAT much. I don't think I paid more than $120 - can't remember exactly. Plus they use the correct o-rings on top (seals for fuel rail), rubber gaskets (seal the intake) AND the correct plastic caps for the tips. I would be surprised if you could find all of those seals for you set of injectors for $100 alone. I'm not made of money either but the cost for the injector service from Witch Hunter is just SMART money not lots of money. I've had stuff shipped to and from Canada to me and it's not much more than regular mail here. NOt much at all. Plus Witch Hunter is up in Washington. With the huge increase in fuel injector performance just over $100 is the easiest, cheapest and best improvement you could do at the same time as just fixing your problems.

Just tryin to help you out man. Those injector caps all break when you take them out so putting old ones back into the manifold just isn't an option IMO. Think about all that time you could be studying instead of trying to look up part #'s and messing around with all that injector work. :22: School will be done before you know it! Go chase some girls as you have the rest of your life to work on 1UZ projects.

kit%20denso1.jpg

That's what I received yesterday for $55 shipped to the door. This is a set for a 6 cylinders, I got two set of 4. It has everything I need.

They also have complete rebuilded injector fot the price you paid to recondition yours: http://osidetiger.com/reconditionedinjectors.aspx . I agree that balancing is something usefull, good for performance and economy, but I don't realy want to bother for now. Exchange is too high and I want to upgrade for sequencial injection latter. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep the stock injectors.

I agree I should chase girl instead, but I was stupid enough to choose mechanical engineering and doing it in an engineer school (1 cute girl for 30 saucages). Plus nice cars attract girls.

Heh, get a good job with your education and you'll have the pic of the girls later. Either way I know you'll get your car running and that's what is important. Get 'er going and then begin the tinkering and fine tuning! Careful with those connectors on the injectors now... easy does it!