Infiniti G37

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Just saw one of these Infiniti G37's with the Sport option "in the flesh". Wow, what a killer looking car and with great specs! Why can't Toyota do something like this anymore? This is what the SC400 should be.

Engine:
Naturally aspirated DOHC 3.7 litre V6 with 330 BHP @ 7000 RPM.

Configuration:
Front engine, rear wheel drive (as God intended it)
4wheel steering with Sport model

Transmissions:
5spd A/T with paddle shift, and rev matching for downshifting in manual sport mode.
6spd close ratio M/T with LSD diff, available for the Sport model only.

Brakes:
14" x 1.3" ventilated discs in front with 4 piston calipers (Sport model)
13.8" x 0.8" ventilated discs in rear with 2 piston calipers (Sport model)

Weight:
3616 to 3668 lbs (OK, so it's a bit porky, but hey it's a luxury coupe)
Weight distribution: 56/46

Suspension:
Front: Double wishbones with coilovers and stabiliser bar
Rear: Multilink with Coilovers and stabiliser bar

For my taste, this car looks 10x better than the GTR, and I would definitely buy it before a GTR.

The only thing this beast is lacking is a twin turbo kit, but I'm sure the aftermarket will sort that out soon enough ;-)

Why can't our favorite car company build something like this for their enthusiasts?

My good buddy just leased one and loves it.....

My personal take on it is that it's pretty fast but not neck jerking fast, handles and brakes extremely well...Nice and sporty inside and out.. It's equal is the newest model 350z Nissan though.. Which infact the G37 Infinity cannot pull away from in the speed department.... A little dissapointing with all the hype that has gone behind this new G37 Infinity...

I too like the way it looks with the complete dealer package included... This is few a pic's I had in computer memory...

I was just looking at Nissan's specs for the Z and comparing them with Infiniti's specs for this G37, and IMO the G37 is the better car.

Engines: The Z has the 3.5 litre, the G37 the 3.7 litre

Horsepower: The Z has 306 @ 6800, the G37 330 @ 7000

Brakes: The Z only has 12.6" front, 12.1" rear discs (and probably only twin piston calipers, except for the Nismo Tuner model). The G37 Sport has 14" fronts and 13.8" rears, with 4 piston front and 2 piston rear calipers.

To put this in perspective, the MKIV TT Supra had some of the best OEM brakes ever put on a foreign sports car, and they're only 12.75" discs with 4 piston calipers in front and 2 piston calipers in the rear. So IMO, these are some monster brakes on this G37 - they're equal in size to the 2008 'Vette's brakes, albeit the 'vette has six piston calipers up front.

Weight, yes the Z has a 300 lb weight advantage over the G37.

Based on this, I would think the G37 Sport model with 6spd, LSD, and 4 wheel steering should more than keep up with the Z, and definitely outbrake it. I would buy this G37 any day of the week before the current Z, but it'll be interesting to see what Nissan does with the Z for 2009, now that Infiniti have thrown down the gauntlet with this G37.

Isn't it cool that a car company has 2-3 good looking, high performance models in its lineup? Shoot, even their Altima looks and performs well even if it is FWD. (Which I'll never buy)

The 350z Nissan seems to get a little faster year by year and have always spanked the G35 Infinity models... The G37 Infinity is definetely a step up from the older G35 models... Very close specs to the newest 350z Nissan now... The same friend leased a G35 Infinity years ago prior to getting this new G37 model and the G35 was a slug when comparing the two..

I can't wait to race my SC400 against my friends G37 which should happen any day now.. He boasting he will spank me.. Not going to happen on my watch.... I will race first without the Nitrous and probably get beat, but then the second run with the nitrous should be a completely different story.. I will post up the results when it happens and maybe a video if possible... Stay tuned...To be continued....

I really like the interior on these G37 as shown in the above pics.. As you can see the light grey color interiors are very classy..

Z will be getting the 3.7 soon
G35 coupe will be getting AWD soon

John, your thoughts are what went through my head in 2005, and I ended up buying a 2005 G35 sedan sport (298 HP, 6 speed manual). Overall it's a good car, the the latest G37 coupe is much improved.

I really wish the G37 could get the GTR drive-train.

Sorry to steer the main topic off a little bit. I think the sports car flagship of Nissan isn't the 350Z nor the G37. It's the Skyline. I went to the JDM Time Attack and tuner show just last weekend at Auto Speedway, there were 2 spanking new Skylines at the track. The 350Z with body kit looks like a baby next to the Skylines. The Skyline drivers drove the car so crazy and made every single turn as sharp as the new Lotus or Civic. I've read its handling is one of bests comparing to those super exotic cars. It's tall like a G37 but with much wider body. The previous Skyline is shorter. With its power and handling spec, it can eat up a Z06 either at the circuit or drag. I brought my car in hoping to win an award (not for race), but I didn't win anything..LOL.

The 350Z or G37 will be very quick if it has a turbo system.

Guys, I ended up racing my best friend in his new G37 Infinity just last night... Check race section and thread for full details..(G37 vs Sc400). No videos or pics, I'm sorry, as we were on our way out for a night on the town... The race just happened.. Let's just say I won, but it was closer then I had thought... I would not have one the race without the use of my nitrous, that's for sure... These G37's are very spunky to say the least...330bhp is still 330bhp...