igniters and waste spark coils

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I was going to upload some pics of what I was thinking thinking off but for some reason I can't get them to upload.The coils I aws thinking off are denso
90919-02228 wired in pairs on an alloy cover with short leads to the plug .
The coil look like a COP but have a removable extetion down to plug.

Not trying to talk you out of your idea with the coils, but running Normal COP coils with an inductive type system in waste spark is not the best idea. These coils are designed to fire once per engine cycle and in waste spark, your firing them twice per cycle. Typically, Inductive type COP coils due to thier smaller transformer size requiers a longer dwell time and running in waste spark tends to shorten dwell times due to twice per cycle firing... Also firing twice per cycle cause them to run hotter due to the twice per cycle charging..

If COP and waste spark is wanted, you are far better off doing this with CDI.. In a CDI setup. there is not real dwell time and thus allows the coil to actually run cooler. This all because your not trying to charge the coil with 12 volts over a period of time, you are spiking the coil with around 300 to 500 volts (depending on manufacture) right before the coil has to fire... Have a lack of need to charge over time, the coil does not produce the heat normally involved with inductive type setups..

" Typically, Inductive type COP coils due to thier smaller transformer size requiers a longer dwell time "

Not true, most COP I have tested have a smaller dwell time, around 1.8ms compared to larger non transistorized coils that typically use around 3.0ms.

Running regular COP coils in wastedspark is fine as long as the following two conditions are true:

1. The dwell time of the coil is sufficiently short that you don't have decrease the dwell time in order for the coil to charge and fire within one crank revolution.

Example: Say you plan on running to 10,000 RPM. At 10,000 RPM, one crank revolution happens in 6mS. (1 Min/10,000 Revs * 60 sec/1 Min = 6mS) Therefore, the coil dwell for this application needs to be less than 6mS.

Most COP coils don't even come close to this dwell value so it is usually not an issue. Certain coils with extremely long dwell times are out there so you should always do the calculation to make sure you have enough time to charge and fire the coil for the RPM range you plan on running.

2. The coil and igniter (power stage transistor) need to be able to handle the additional thermal stress (heat loading) of operating at twice the normal operating RPM.

This is where testing and experience with certain coils is paramount. In my experience, most late model coils and igniters can handle the added thermal stress. Most modern ignition coils are designed with a fairly large factor of safety when it comes to thermal stresses so you can usually push the coils farther than the original manufacturer had intended without reduction in ignition energy or durability of the coil. You do have to watch out for certain igniters that have built-in current limiting circuity which can effect ignition energy.

I have personally run many late model COP's in wastespark configuration on customer vehicles with great results. (multiple championships in multiple series)

Thanks for the replys guys , thats info sounds food .These coils look to be off a good size and lifting them out off the cover will help keep them a little cooler.The motor won't be a high rpm one.The only mods will be a exhaust headers ,custom lower intake manifold (similar to Justins but taller)
and miner port work.
Cheers Neil

they might be 1zz or 2zz toyota or some camry

they have inbuilt ignitors i think

u better ring toyota witht he part number on them