Igniters

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UZTODD

Hey Guys.

Can anyone tell me which igniters i need by this pic
of the connectors? Do i need 123 or 201?

The engine came out of a 95 SC400.

Thanks Todd

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

hi tod

i have a 90 or 91 1UZ and there are 5 wires in one of the connectors and 4 wires for the other. i bought the marked 201 igniters and the only differences are its connectors and two of the wire colors from the connector with 5 wires. do mark the connectors with their igniter as you won't want to mix them.

hear from you ...
ak47prince..

The 5th wire is a tacho feed and it doesn't matter which igniter it's plugged into.

Not having English as my mother tongue I am not familiar with the term
igniter.
I don't find the term on the toyota do it yourself site either.

(am having trouble fitting a RPM gauge on my 1UZFE)

Which box is it you call igniter?
Starting from the sparkplugs, the first box I find is a relatively large
and cylindrical box which feeds all the spark plugs and also has a
crossover cable to the other bank.
Then a sparkplug like cable goes into a much smaller relatively flat box.

Is it one of these 2 boxes you call igniter or is it to found somewhere else?

The two plugs in your hand plug into two small aluminium boxes about 50x75x20mm.

They are mounted together in a steel bracket that is usually bolted to the body work of the car.

These are the igniters. The send power to the coils ( the parts you described as being joined to the sparkplugs).

One of the plugs has 5 wires.

The 5th wire is a small black one. This is where you get tyour Tacho feed from. You need to set the tacho as a 4 cylinder as it is seeing half the engines sparkplugs only.

Sorry I don't have a photo of the igniters but try this link http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=1...w=170&start=0&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:81.

The two plugs in your hand plug into two small aluminium boxes about 50x75x20mm.

They are mounted together in a steel bracket that is usually bolted to the body work of the car.

These are the igniters. The send power to the coils ( the parts you described as being joined to the sparkplugs).

The 5th wire is a small black one. This is where you get tyour Tacho feed from. You need to set the tacho as a 4 cylinder as it is seeing half the engines sparkplugs only.

Sorry I don't have a photo of the igniters but try this link http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=1...w=170&start=0&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:81.

right, thanks a lot,
will look around the engine for those aluminium boxes then.
(the engine is in a boat, not in a car, so there is no body surrounding it)

Hmmm,
had a fairly close look today, without dismounting any covers though, (no time for that today):

I sort of very seriously doubt that there is anything like these igniters
on my engine.
But will remove some covers etc during the next few days, will be very surprised if I find something like that though.
Just went over the ignition stuff about a week ago with covers removed,
cannot recall anything like the photo in your URL.

What I did see today though was a cylindrical box about the size of a thumb
mounted lower than the coil, this had 2 cables (1 black 1 white) coming out
and going into the coil.
This was on the right hand side (when looking at the radiator fan) of the engine, nothing comparable on the other side.

Thanks guys! Found them. They were very well tucked away.
Also I was confused because my brain was locked on the idea that there would
be one on each side, close to the coil/distributor area.
But they were mounted together.
Also, I confused the alu stuff for being plastic.

As you said, 5 wires in one and 4 wires in the other.
No pure black cable though, all the 9 cables were bi/colour, several were 50% black.

I picked the cable coming out of a "hole" in one plug where the corresponding "hole"
in the other plug was empty.

Seemed to work just fine. Idling around 700. The engine sounds about right
when hitting 1500 and 2000 revs.

Thanks.

(When sorting this out my oil pressure gauges stopped working though,
as soon as the revs go beyond about 1500 the needles are bending against
the stopper at max pressure. Might be a Thai animism ghost playing with my
electrics.)