Idle increases once driven

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

smokeyo1

Hi Guys
LS 400 UZE 91
On start up idle is slightly high and drops normally when up to temp, once I drive the car the idle increases and wont drop, If I turn the engine of for ten seconds and restart the idle drops to normally, but then if I drive again the same thing happens
Any one?

Ok Guys, I took the IACV out gave it a damn good thrashing, er I mean clean, put it back and hey presto its still the same, any Ideas?

Any chance it has a check code? Either engine or Trans? I doing some testing recently when the ECU detected a transmission check code it would idle high. Turn it off and start it and it would drop down until driven. Once I reset the testing I was doing it was back to normal.

You could also have an intermittent vacuum leak as this will cause a high idle. You could use a smoke machine and check for leaks or just cap off all sources and reevaluate. I would suspect the 2 P/S vacuum assist lines or maybe the EVAP purge valve.

I am now at a loss, although it will only do it once now, once the idle gets high, I turn it off, restart and let the idle settle down, once there it stays low and even, but its driving me nutts literally

Thread resurrection-- I'm having this exact same symptom in my otherwise fantastic swap project (using a 92 SC400 Engine/ECU/Trans). Any new developments or was a cure ever found?