I need to quieten the Beast

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I guess if I'd figured what a built Lexus would cost I would have gone the LS3 route to start with, but 5 years ago LS3's were almost unobtainable and this was the swap that I thought a Rover deserved.

I guess I could have done dumber things and put a Jag V12 or BMW V12 in it!

Not knocking the BMW but as we all now know, from John's experience. they're no cheaper to work on than the Lexus.

At one stage I had thought of a Ferrari 328 engine as it was so "out there" but then I figured the car's bad enough as is.

Perhaps there just isn't an affordable answer.

The resonators made the vehicle much nicer to drive. Took all the bark out of the system and it now sounds like any old V8 except for the supercharger whine.

It passed its Blue Slip today (for non-NSW Members this is a mechanical inspection to ensure it complies with the Road Rules for it to be registered) so I can take the paperwork to the RTA tomorrow and it will be 100% legal.

This means I can drive when and where I wish without having to be wary of the Police.

The inspection station failed it for "wheels protruding" so I fitted some "Bunnings Flares" to the existing flares and the wheels then passed. Interesting because it was still over-track!

The new flares will come off tomorrow after I visit the RTA.

One other thing I needed to do was have it weighed. It came in a 1,920kg with 50 litres of fuel on board.

This is only 20kg over what it was before swapping in the heavier diffs and gearbox and 35" rather than 33" tyres plus the added weight of the supercharger and intercooler. The supercharger and intercooler would weigh a combined 100k. All I can figure is the last weigh slip was wrong as I haven't removed that much weight. I was expecting well over 2,000kg.

Booked in for the Dyno on Saturday week so I'll hopefully post some figures and later a 0-100km time.