how to turn jappy spec radio to aussie

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chimpy

Hi,

just imported a celsior and it has the jappy spec radio. The other things work, like tape/cd etc, but i want to make the radio work in australia so i can keep the cool f-package features in the back, and also the smooth looks?

anyway, do i just need aussie crystals or something? or do i have to like, get a whole new aussie spec LS400 uni?

If i do just need crystals, anyone know where?

thanks

I believe you can get a small module that fits in the radio wiring (external to the unit itself) that allows it to work in Australia.

Try a cruise thru www,planetsoarer.com I''m sure there will be something there.

I also think JAYCAR make a modulator for the radio.

Hi,

U will need to have a FM Expander fitted to get the Japanese spec radio to work in Aust here..

01.jpg

Neway since u in Melb, u can contact S&LC and they supplied & fitted the fm expander for me for $40...

http://www.sportsluxurycars.com.au/mainpage.htm

Just to follow up, i got a converter from jaycar for 44.95. Its called a radio converter and it drops everything 10 and 20 mhz at the same time.

Its a little confusing to start off with, but you get used to it. Now Nova is 80.3 and 104.3 is 94.3

it all depends on clashes etc.

On another note, LS400's are the most SNAP together cars ever. To get the headunit out its 6 snap holders and 4 screws. EASY as pie. Finding a place for it at the back was another issue though..

oooohhh yeah the whole dash comes apart so very easily...
the only problem i had wen i was putting my expander in my celsior is that there isnt enuff room behind everything, that was partially due to also trying to mount an alarm central box.
nova in sa is normally 91.9
nova in my celsior is 81.9 10k difference.

I tried the expander route with limited success as I could not get a station below 98mghz. Even had two expanders and still did not work very well. Also had an issue with signal strength as I drive to Brisvegas from the Gold Coast everyday. About halfway the signal from Gold Coast drops out and Brisbane cuts in and vice versa for the return trip. Solved the problem by leaving the stock head unit in place and putting in an aftermarket Blaupunkt unit in the glovebox. I then replaced all the speakers with Alpine stuff and put in two Alpine 400watt amps and a 12"sub for the boot. Now I got the best of both worlds, a radio that works and the car still looks stock inside!!

Forget using expanders, they have always been and will always be crap.
Go with vlads suggestion.