Cars For Sale How much is my project worth?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Clown Boy

Hi guys, I am toying with the idea of selling my project - I don't get out often enough to use her as she was born to be used. She started as a 1992 Toyota Hilux SURF. She now has the 1UZ engine we all love - Auto Cooling works a treat Air locker front diff - with ARB compressor Auto locker rear diff 3" suspension lift - new TB front, new shockies all round near new tyres - 33"x12.5" with new 15x8 steel rims steel bullbar, rock sliders, Kaymar rear wheel carrier Heavy duty roof racks and basket PC140103.jpg PICT3576.jpg The side on pic has the old wheels.

Attachments

• PC140103.jpg
    PC140103.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 0
How much is it worth , or how much will you get for it? I fear 2 completely different figures, miles apart. People buying these things dont appreciate how much time, effort and money we sink into these projects and rather than buy something like yours which has had all the bugs ironed out, think they can do a conversion themselves and save money. Hah. I think Boof found out how much money he would have blown when he tried to sell his Hilux and eventually kept it. I think when you do these mods, you must be prepared to keep the vehicle for several years, so you can at least partially get value from it. The best of luck with it. Hopefully someone on one of these forums will appreciate how much has gone into it and make you a decent offer, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There was a 4 Runner which sold on Ebay a while ago for about 11K with a 1uz. It didn't have the lockers, but did have a good body, tyres and suspension. I felt sorry for the guy.

Ok, so you don't use it in the bush enough, but it is economical and pleasant to drive every day and my guess is that whatever else you buy will not go better, so why not keep it?

Ok, so you don't use it in the bush enough, but it is economical and pleasant to drive every day and my guess is that whatever else you buy will not go better, so why not keep it?

I think I am ready to settle down a bit with my truck. I want to buy a 2000 or so Nissan Patrol - 4.2l TD. Something clean and straight and a bit newer. Would probably do the diff locks, lift and some bar work - then leave her standard. The surf is heaps of fun and extremely capable - and also a heavily modded and totally customised truck. Am I getting old?

Yeh, aren't we all. When you start to do mods on your truck, it's so easy to get carried away and do more and more. Pretty soon its cost a bomb and doesn't drive on the road all that well. The wife complains that it's too high and has too much body roll and then you get in a mates' standard Cruiser or similar and realise how driveable it is and how competent off road in standard form. I know the feeling well.

Having a nice newish vehicle is tempting sometimes, I admit, along with its inherent reliability and uneeded maintenance, but I do think you will have trouble recouping even a reasonable amount of your dough. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeh, aren't we all. When you start to do mods on your truck, it's so easy to get carried away and do more and more. Pretty soon its cost a bomb and doesn't drive on the road all that well. The wife complains that it's too high and has too much body roll and then you get in a mates' standard Cruiser or similar and realise how driveable it is and how competent off road in standard form. I know the feeling well.
Oh my god, it's like your in my head. Except my mate (who does drive a cruiser) cannot be told. His head would swell - although he has spent many hours drooling over my truck - grass being greener and all that.