How much hp on std 1uz-fe 4,0L?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

StigRS

Hi! We are currently trying to fit a lexus v8 into a bmw e36 coupe. The engine is a 1uz-fe 4,0 and we wonder how much power we can run safely without changing something internal in the engine?

quick spec:
stock engine
huge singel turbo
autronic sm4
coil on each plug
big injectors
ethanol
++

Just put it on the dyno and keep turning the boost up till a rod comes out then turn the boost down 1 psi ;)

other great free advice:

Do it up till it strips then back it off half a turn

leave the sump plug lose for next time

perhaps check out Justins GT4 build

I'm up to 573whp and 600ft/lbs on a stock internal and heads early 1uz

Okay, that sounds nice:) We definitly want to pass 500whp so that sounds very promising.
What kind of fuel are you using and what boost- pressure?

It depends what year UZ it is. What car did it come off? The 95+ ones came with skinnier rods and higher compression.

I'm not quit sure what car it came from...is it possible to identify the engine with some numbers on the block or heads?

411rwkw on 17psi on a pre 95 engine...flogged hard down a standing 1000m drag event :)

Cool! A little bit over 600hp in the engine then:) That I would believe:cool:

I'm not very good in english but I'l try to make it understandable;)

If you want it to be reliable over 400HP, change the pistons. They tend to do a ring as the clearances are very tight (designed for fuel economy - the 'FE' in the engine designation).

400rwhp maybe....flogged mine at the track for 5 years on 430rwhp and never had an issue. WI and a sweet Autronic tune were the keys i think. Beyond that, they can hang together...or not ;)

400rwhp maybe....flogged mine at the track for 5 years on 430rwhp and never had an issue. WI and a sweet Autronic tune were the keys i think. Beyond that, they can hang together...or not ;)

WI = water injection?

The only number/code we found outside the engine was "1uz 0298330", is it possible to check somewhere what year the engine is?

If you want it to be reliable over 400HP, change the pistons. They tend to do a ring as the clearances are very tight (designed for fuel economy - the 'FE' in the engine designation).

just clarifying
F=narrow angle (yes decent for fuel economy)
E=Electronic fuel injection

StigRS check the articles area at this site, they may give you some initial idea based on engine looks
The easiest way to tell the donor car is ECU part number. It may be inaccurate though cause several different ECU's may successfuly run the same engine.