How much can I cut off my sump?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cobber

I have an LS 400 / Celcior front sump engine and I need to know how much I can shorten the steel pan at the bottom. Can someone give me the dimensions of how far the oil pick is from the bottom of the sump.

I could pull the sump off but I figure someone will have one in bits somewhere.

I need to cut out 15mm in height and can put ears on to keep the same volume of oil.

That was my plan, I guess I will just hve to drain the oil and measure the distance. I will also put some windage bafles in while I'm going.

Take the lower steel section off .. Shorten to what fits then you'll have to shorted oil up by same amount..
There already is a windage tray fitted, you will see when you take lower section off.. Then add ears to add oil capacity lost..

Ah good that's the plan for this weekend, can I un bolt the oil pick up tube from underneath without removing anything else?

The pick up is attached to front assembly where oil pump is ..
There are two bolts or studs holding pick up with a support bracket..
Yes from memory it should be an easy job..
BUT as you know with motors !!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 99
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 97
This should help..
I'm sure this can be accessed through steel cover..
The windage tray fits between alloy and steel sump..

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm not sure if I can get to those bolts by just removing the steel pan, that was my concern. To remove the aluminium section will require an engine removal.

Do you have another picture with just the steel pan removed? Anyone?

Perfect,

Looks like a simple job of cut and shut, I hate surprises while oil is dripping on my head.

Thanks very much for your help there's a cold beer in the fridge for you when your in WA next.

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 706
Perfect,

Looks like a simple job of cut and shut, I hate surprises while oil is dripping on my head.

Thanks very much for your help there's a cold beer in the fridge for you when your in WA next.

Ahaha carefall I may take you up on that ?? Lol...