Horse Power Calculation with PSI

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
14.696 psi is the standard air pressure, thus 14.696 psi of boost doubles O2 in the car, and *should* double hp w/ adequate fuel and spark. But there are many other factors, so the site isnt as reliable as one would want. (Some of those factors include the swirl effect of boost, increased heat, and other things i dont know :))

Yeah, this site only give you the general numbers. There are too many variables and would too hard to calculate. Nevertheless, its a good guide line.

Lextreme said:
This is pretty interesting link Horse Power Calculation with Forced Induction (Superchargered)

Note: Stock 1uzfe is rated at 250 bhp.
Yes - useful as a guide. In practice few turbo cars and even fewer blower cars achieve that, while a good turbo system can better it - quite comfortably.

the formula is simply boost + atmospheric = X. The X divided by atmospheric = multiplier of base HP.

i.e. 14.7psi boost + 14.7 atmospheric = 29.4/14.7 = 2 So if base hp = 300 the projected power = 300 x 2.

The beauty of this formula is you simply work out what your ultimate power objective is, then figure out a reasonable base power level for the type of engine you want - and the boost level is easy to calculate as a rough guide....

you can work off any of the 3 variables - boost desired, base hp or power required using this formula and basic maths.

e.g. - I want 2000hp and the base engine can make a safe reliable 750hp at 9:1 - so I need 2000/750 = 2.7.... 2.7 x 14.7 = 39.7... 39.7 - 14.7 atmospheric = 25psi boost required... (I rounded decimal points for simplicity) simple