hooking up lines

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hilux_bondy_007

hey guys, i am tryin to sort out problems since mechanic didn't.. can someone tell me where these lines go. thanks

P1000295nbfgh-1.jpg

The one on the left is the air supply for your Idle Control Vavle and should breath filtered air, the stock intake has it between the AFM and the throttle body.

Yes the large one is best connected into the air intake tube. With aftermarket management it could receive a small air filter but I don't like that look. With standard management it must be plumbed in between the air flow meter and the throttle body so the air flow sees idle air flow. The small one goes down to the idle up valve on the power steer pump. In tight applications the valve gets removed from the pump so blanking hose onto the plenum is common. The idle up is easy to break as well. I fitted one to a motor before I sold it and see that now its fitted the valve has been broken. Likely they are the same as many other toyotas. As it looks like a Hilux (user name might be a hint) and still has a diagnostic box seems like standard ECU big hose definately needs to be plumbed correctly. Cheers

In the past when we remove the traction control instead of simply welding the holes up we weld a fitting onto where the secondard ( outside) TPS is and run the IAC hose to this. Looks good and is easy to do. Cheers Kelvin

In the past when we remove the traction control instead of simply welding the holes up we weld a fitting onto where the secondard ( outside) TPS is and run the IAC hose to this. Looks good and is easy to do. Cheers Kelvin

oh ok, u got any pics of this?? pretty much new to engine mods/ fixing up.

Sorry I don't have photos of that one from memory. If the owner comes in I will grab some. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 204
Hilux,

The TPS is the outside butterfly on the throttle body. The left hand side one in your photos.

Simply dismantle it and tap the hole in the manifold (you may need to enlargen it) to take a barbed fitting and connect the hose to it.

For the other side of the t/b you can tap and plug the hole.

Make sure the fittings don't protrude too far into the t/b as it may reduce airflow/power.

THe wiring (plug) can be left unplugged and/or tucked up out of the way.

I have used this port for the air temp sensor. the other side is plugged. When you remove the bearing the hole is just about the right size to tap 3/8 BSP or NPT.

Did you have to cut back the surrounding area cobber? I had a look at mine last night and the casting where the TPS sits looks like it comes out a lot further than that.

Bryan,

The air going to the ISCV must have passed throught the AFM (MAF) so the engine knows how much air has entered the engine.

If you put the filter on it will think less air has gone in so it will run lean which will make it idle poorly which will open the ISCV and make it worse.