High Fuel Consumption !!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MANN777

. anybody tell me for 94 model LS which has been reasonbaly well maintained, usually on full tank i get 260 - 270 miles. Is it low or good. I do own a 92 where i get around 350 miles on full tank. And I use 98 Super Octane

Only highway mine uses about 11L/100km, or I would get about 630km to a 70L tank (400mi)

Around town with numerous cold starts I get at worst 14L/100km or 500km to a 70L tank (310mi)

Town and highway combined would be between this.
A lot of foot-to-the-floor driving would obviously use more than this.

If you work in gallons and litres means nothing to you, sorry.

Hi peevee
I agree but u need to know whether the fuel comsumtion along with the right air mixture is giving the exact or around it required performance. I do have a colleageau of mine not for comparision sake similar model, for19.5 gallons ( 72 ltr) he gets around around 550miles that is arounf 885km, this was amazing, I personally drove the car in around town and mix of long distance. I did a detailing around my car that what are the the instruments that exactly work around a better fuel consumption, one is definetely the O2 snsr, Throttle sensors, MAF snsrs etc. I am working to have the smae replaced at the earliest oppurtunity. thanks

885km from 72L equates to 12.3km/L or 8.1L/100km.

That is not only amazing, but as far as I'm concerned outright unbelievable for a full weight LS400 (presuming he does have a 1UZ or similiar age).

Even Toyota quotes figures around the 10-10.5L/100km in factory testing, and I have never heard anyone on stock management getting the figures your friend has.
It sounds like he's had the fuel map tweaked a little.

On a side note everything on the motor will affect fuel economy.
If the spark is poor, you will use more fuel.
If the injectors are leaking a little, you will use more fuel.
If the temp sensors are reading off, you could use more fuel.
If the AFM is reading out, you could use more (or less even) fuel.
If the o2 sensors are getting old, you will use you more.

On my car everything is either new, reconditioned, or cleaned.
The only things left to replace are the o2 sensors. I'll expect probably 1L/100km less fuel to be used after I replace them.
My car is also ~200kg lighter than an LS, and I don't expect to drop under 10L/100km while on stock untouched engine management.