Hi, new to site w/ IS300.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rvarn0

Hello everyone,

My name is Rob and I just stumbled across this site. So far I have found it to be an intelligent collection of information thats actually useful! Im loving it. I have a 2001 IS300 in the garage collecting dust, so I plan to be looking around for fun possibilities!

Thank you :D

Welcome Rob, a little 1UZ V8 would look really nice in that engine bay :)

Even the NA version would give you a load more torque than you have now, and it would probably be at least 100lbs lighter than your 2JZ-GE.

I was able to source a motor for 400 bucks. Im looking into it. What are my options for engine mounts?

My plans are to gut the entire car. Lighten it. Cage it. Track it.

I already have Tein HA coilovers and TRD bushings in the car. Im sourcing Supra Turbo Calipers for a 4 piston brake swap. Should be fun and cheap upgrade!

Attachments

• WBO2 Sensor Install (Medium).jpg
    WBO2 Sensor Install (Medium).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
Welcome!

Theres a thread on here somewhere under "swaps" I believe thats on an IS that swapped a 3uz 4.3L into a yellow IS and it looks nice. I'v only seen pics but it looks factory, like it should have come with the V8 ;)

An aluminum UZ V8 will better distribute the weight over the iron block 2J you currently have, making it even more track ready. Can you post a pic of the project?

Last edited:
Im excited to get the project going. Unfortunately Brad Bedell who did the other V8 swap has his site down so I cant get any info.

32zjfoj.jpg

2mex2pz.jpg

Welcome!

Theres a thread on here somewhere under "swaps" I believe thats on an IS that swapped a 3uz 4.3L into a yellow IS and it looks nice. I'v only seen pics but it looks factory, like it should have come with the V8 ;)

An aluminum UZ V8 will better distribute the weight over the iron block 2J you currently have, making it even more track ready. Can you post a pic of the project?

That will Brad's IS Sportcross but he has a 5.2L now. Stroked 4.7L VVTi. He just emailed my some updated 5.2L. Looks pretty mean.

you may want to take a look at clubna-t.com as well to see what IS300 guys are doing with turbos. Stock gte rods and pistons can be picked up new for cheap and then your good for more power than you'll probably need.

well the motor that i found wasnt any good. I am starting my search over again. any suggestions for companies that are reliable to purchase engines from for decent pricing? Im located in south florida. Ill take pictures soon when the stripping of the car begins.

I've purchased a UZ and a V12 BMW motor from Tom's Foreign Auto Parts and have no complaints. They always have several UZ's for sale on eBay.

A little update on the motor hunt.

I found a block/head off a 93 ls400. The guy was asking 370, but when I got there and was examining the block he dropped it down to 200. I was going to offer him 150.

Here is the issue. The block is stripped. It doesn't have an Intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail, pulleys, and the front sump is taken off of it.

I planned on replacing it all with new stuff, even If I got a nice running motor. Head and block would also be sent to the machinist.

Here are some pics. Share your thoughts. Ill post some pics of the IS300 after the interior is stripped and more stuff is happening.

2yoekqx.jpg

2w54kxt.jpg

ifttzn.jpg

4vlk7d.jpg

Thanks guys for all your info and curiousity. Ill keep updating when I get a chance!

**Sorry the pics turned out sooo small***

Last edited:
Why did get that for? Now you will spend more money getting other parts. You can get the whole and complete engine with harness, ecu and other misc parts for the same price. Good luck find the other little parts to make it work. Contact me if you need another parts. Looks like you will need alot. Sorry didnt mean to discourage you but there will be alot more headaches for incomplete motor and some of the parts will cost more then the engine itself. The prefer choice would be a complete motor with possible transmission along with all other parts. Cost little more but alot cheaper in the long run.

Last edited:
I have yet to give the guy money and wanted opinions first. I was gonna pick it up next week. maybe not now....hehehe

The condition that thing is in, it shouldn't go for more than $100. As David said, if you look hard enough you can probably find a complete motor in reasonable shape for the same money.