Hi all

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ernie

Names Ernest and currently living in southern Ireland, had to join the forum due to compulsive shopping.
Have a mk3 Ford Capri which needs a clutch and some engine work and had an idea "if I put in a modern Japanese engine it will be more powerful, unleaded friendly,more economical, reliable and cheaper than fixing my own".
Went to my local breakers looking for ideas (he lets me wander around the yard) thinking of maybe 2.0 or 2.5 Toyota or Nissan.
Cue wandering round for maybe an hour and just leaving when I seen what I didn't know I was looking for.
Returned next morning and collected a 96 LS400 perfect apart from a broken parking light but I think was a government seized vehicle and has to be broken for parts.
Think I will go the full floor pan route like the Volvo Amazon in the projects section (might start my own thread).
Anyway I'm new to this Japanese stuff so any advice or ideas appreciated.

Hi Ernest & welcome to Lextreme. Love those Ford Capri's - that was my first new car when I started working after uni. Here in the US they came with a 2.6l V6, but that engine had a lot of vibration and no guts. The Lexus V8 ought to be a nice swap - from what I remember, the engine bay had tons of room, and the V8 will probably be lighter than what you have in there now.

Welcome!

I like your idea on using the floorpan and adapting the bodywork to the Lexus running gear. IMO the more of the Lexus you can keep the better. Heck, maybe try mounting the bodywork the as much of the car as possible. Remove the fenders, doors, roof, windshield and see just how much of the Lexus can be squeezed under your Capri bodywork.

Thats the idea. Looking at keeping the whole suspension, brakes and drive line with ABS traction control and air con.
Can you believe some people say I need professional help:rolleyes:

where I am is looking at 2 perfectly good cars with an angle grinder in hand and an evil grin on my face.
Seriously though just spoke with my insurance company and they have no problem with it so:D:D
Should be chopping in a week or so might start a thread on the projects page.