Haltech on FI 3uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sc430blue

Does anyone have any suggestion on a base map for this setup? Seems like the maps on the ecu were messed up during logging of data. This is a procharger setup running 9 lbs boost with larger injectors and haltech F10X. Car doesnt cold start. Will start after about 10 attempts at WOT.
Thanks in advance.....

Which model are you using? P1SC or D1SC? Why are you running a standalone? Many piggyback can do the job with 1/3 of the price. What size of the injectors are you using? 9 psi you dont need more than 300 cc/min

I see there's a fuel priming map,try messing around with this (reduce injector time). Sounds like you're dumping a lot of fuel at startup.

Ummm, why did you choose Haltech?

It can't control the VVTi.
VVTi + supercharger would be the bomb.

I'm with Lex, piggyback would have been a much better option here.

Thanks for the reply guys. The F10X came with installation of the C2 unit from Swift Racing Tech in Maryland. I got the engine to cold start now by reducing the primers as suggested. Haltech told me to increase the coolant settings as well.

Dont know, they put in bigger injectors to compensate for the supercharger. I paid SRT to do the one off and I am limited in my knowledge of this stuff. Since this happened, I'm getting a crash course! I could post some photos of this project if you like.

Are you using the F10X purely for injector control? Haltech's site mentions nothing about ignition outputs...I guess the X series units replaced the old K series systems. Are you still using the stock ECU to control everything else (timing,etc)?

Honestly,with SRT being listed on Haltech's site as an authorized dealer,those guys should help you out some more. They could have at least made sure this one-off starts up properly.

This is pure piggyback for the injectors. SRT did a great job with dyno tuning the setup. To be frank, their customer support is lacking. I just needed to get the car going to take it to be dyno tuned at another facility. Plus I'm learning a little about the setup of the Haltech itself. Cars running good now, I received the new pulley from Procharger, I'll give you numbers after its tuned.
Thanks again guys...

Low end torque feels great. Should have been part of the car in the first place. I have to put in lsd and tc to take advantage. The slight whine of supercharger is nice as well.

I'd like to see a CAI on the inlet. That's going to suck some warm air that the intercooler may not be able to cool as well as it could if starting with cooler air.

Actually the first generation (Side Intake) is much better because of air intake temperature. Front intake is hot from the radiator and especially FI application. Side intake will avoid the hot radiator.

Maybe I can pose another question to the forum. My rpm readings on the Haltech seem to be exactly HALF of those on the instument tach. Looks like signal is taken directly from pin box in engine bay. Any thoughts?
Oh, FYI. The bracket is prototype. C2 unit will be moved up and over 1 inch to make room for intake piping to be run behind fog lamp.

sc430blue said:
Maybe I can pose another question to the forum. My rpm readings on the Haltech seem to be exactly HALF of those on the instument tach. Looks like signal is taken directly from pin box in engine bay. Any thoughts?
Probably trigger setup,it's mentioned in the manual. I'd get into detail but I'm about to go to bed :veryhappy

If you're sensing the rpm from one of the ignition igniters you are sensing a 4 cylinder engine.

You need to either use an interceptor to double the pulses or see if the tacho can be altered either by a simple adjustment (you'll be surprised how often this can be done) or by having it modified.

I've tried several different options on the trigger setup to set how it affects the rpms. They dont change the rpms. I have "8" cylinders divided by 4 on mulitpoint, coil negative, falling.

Zuffen said:
If you're sensing the rpm from one of the ignition igniters you are sensing a 4 cylinder engine.

You need to either use an interceptor to double the pulses or see if the tacho can be altered either by a simple adjustment (you'll be surprised how often this can be done) or by having it modified.

Is there another area to pull trigger signals?