Government Bailout

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Government Bailout

Our Country and economy have taken giant blows of late. The "bailout" that taxpayers are burdened with is very difficult for ANYBODY to understand.

Many have "heard" that the mortgage industry is in such massive trouble that we had no choice but to bail out this industry. Most Americans would be very hard pressed to describe what is going on other than we are in BIG trouble and NEED a CHANGE.

Step One: Understand who "fannie mae" and "Freddie mac" and their place in this mess.

Step Two: Find out who supported what and who let the problem grow.

For step one I have posted below an excellent yet simplified description of "fannie mae" and "Freddie mac". It was written 5 years ago by Jack Guttentag. Link provided at the end.

For step two please review the following video which is recordings off CSPAN of "our" "representatives" discussing this situation 4 years ago. Learn then decide if who you think will help or who you have been supporting are part of the problem or solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

March 10, 2003

"What are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and what do they do?"

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are "government-sponsored enterprises" (GSEs). This means that they are privately owned, but receive support from the Federal Government, and assume some public responsibilities.

The GSEs provide a secondary market in home mortgages, purchasing mortgages from the lenders who originate them. They hold some of these mortgages, and some are "securitized" -- sold in the form of securities which the GSEs guarantee.

The two GSEs today are among the largest corporations in the world.

What mortgages do the GSEs purchase?

"Conforming mortgages" as they are called consists of all home mortgages that meet the underwriting requirements of the agencies, and are no larger than the largest loan the GSEs are allowed by law to purchase. In 2003 the maximum was $322,700. It is raised every year in line with increases in home prices. The mortgages the GSEs can purchase account for roughly 80% of the conventional (non-FHA/VA) home loan market.

What kind of support do the GSEs receive from Government?

The major support consists of the credit lines with the ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" />US Treasury. This, along with their histories -- both were public institutions before they became privately owned -- mark them as having a special claim for Government assistance in the event they ever get into financial trouble. As a result, investors consider the notes they issue and the mortgage securities they guarantee almost as good as securities issued by the Federal Government itself.

Do the GSEs have competitors?

Not in the conforming loan market. Because of their Government backing, the GSEs can sell notes and securities at a lower yield than any strictly private secondary market firm. This gives them a monopoly -- or rather a duopoly, since there are two of them -- in the market in which they operate.

The GSEs do have emulators, however, in the non-conforming market. While the cast of players changes, at any one time there are usually 15 or more strictly private firms that purchase non-conforming loans and securitize them in much the same way as the GSEs.

"Why do two private firms receive Government support, while the others don't?"

The Government did not select the two firms for special treatment. Both the GSEs began as Government entities, and the major objective in privatizing them (while retaining Government support) was to encourage development of a private secondary market. The other firms arose later, based on the GSE model, so that objective was achieved.

If the objective was achieved, why do the GSEs continue to receive special support?

The GSEs are unwilling to give it up, and they have become so powerful politically that they have managed to thwart the several attempts that have been made to take it away.

Do I have anything at stake in this issue?

If you are a potential borrower eligible for a conforming loan, your interest rate will probably be about 1/4% lower than it would be absent the GSEs. This reflects their relatively low funding costs, part of which is passed through to borrowers.

In addition, if you are a low or low-to-moderate income borrower, and/or reside in an underserved area, you might find a loan through a GSE. As part of their public responsibility, the GSEs commit to purchase specified numbers of such loans. How many would not be made without the GSEs, however, is not clear.

As a taxpayer, on the other hand, you have a cause for concern. The low borrowing costs of the GSEs is based on implicit Government backing for their $3+ trillion of debt and guarantees. If the GSEs ever have a financial disaster, the Government will have to bail them out and you and I will be on the hook for the cost.

"Is anybody regulating the GSEs to prevent such a disaster?"

A few years ago Congress gave that responsibility to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Very few informed observers believe that HUD is up to the task.

"Is there a way to eliminate the risk of a financial disaster by removing Government support without hurting investors who rely on that support?"

It could be done by 1) revoking the credit line the GSEs now have with the Treasury, and b) providing an explicit Federal guarantee of all debt and GSE guarantees outstanding on the date the credit line is revoked. An explicit guarantee on the old claims would prevent any repercussions in the financial markets, yet put the markets on notice that news ones are not guaranteed. Over time, the volume of guaranteed claims would gradually decline.

Copyright Jack Guttentag 2003

http://www.mtgprofessor.com/A - Secondary Markets/what_do_fannie_and_freddie_do.htm

Attachments

• RIMG0025.jpg
    RIMG0025.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 9
  • RIMG0026.jpg
    RIMG0026.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 7
  • RIMG0027.jpg
    RIMG0027.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 4
Kyle, thanks for taking the time to read it. This may not be fun but it is extremely important. Most people also want to blame Republicans for this disaster. While I am sure there are Republicans to blame the majority is definitely the fault of the Democrats. Before ANYONE votes they SHOULD know WHY they are voting and WHO they are really voting for.

Thanks for posting this up John. Important information for all to read, IMO. I agree, everyone should know who they are voting for, and should take the time to understand what each politician is really selling...

Ryan

Yeah it is something that I can pester my grandfather about next time I see him. He is quite political. Right...

I kinda wish in the vid there wasn't biased statements constantly being written. Then it would be more likely to be taken seriously by whoever would generally oppose it.

All I have to say is, Stop watching the media. Get out of your houses and talk to THE PEOPLE, and really get an understanding of the real problems that face our society. Its easy to be sitting in a $500,000 house preaching about who destroyed our economy, But the real fact is that our government ISN'T WORKING. I'm one of the people that the last 8 years has been the worst hell I have ever been involved in. I'm 22 years old trying to establish myself in life. Why is it that I can't get a loan for ANYTHING, or even a low limit high risk credit card? (I have been trying to establish credit since I was 18)

Here's some background for that question:

I worked for Carmax as a "Production Automotive Technician", My base pay per year was $24,800, However I worked on a flat rate system like most mechanics, So my actual salary was higher. I lived at home, So I had zero bills except for my cell phone and car insurance.

I tried to get High risk low limit credit cards, Denied.
Low limit Signature loans, Denied.
Auto loans for a new car (Through carmax, and other dealers.) Denied.
and countless other attempts. Even with co-signers with 750+ credit scores, zero negative history, and a minimal ammount of outstanding credit. And Still I was denied.

My family has never had alot of money, A matter of fact I have lived in poverty my whole life. I was used to waking up on christmas to get one mabye two small presents. I watched my single mother struggle working two jobs, and going to full time college to try and change our lives around for the better. All while being denied special benefits from the goernment, and any sort of credit or loans. I'm not trying to make you feel sorry for me, Just so you understand what I have gone through in life.

Now on the other hand, A friend of mine who lived in the "Rich" neighborhood near me, His family has always had money and the ability to get whatever they want and or need on a whim. He's 18 years old, makes $7 an hour working at a resturant, and lives in his own apartment.

Now he went and got a loan for a 2004 Toyota highlander, With out a co-signer, and a 2008 CBR 600rr without a co-signer.....

Now you tell me, Is this fair?

Oh and lets not get on the obvious fact that the republican party is for our crooked government, and for big business! They don't want to change anything, They want us to fail to fatten their own pockets and to have more control over the mass population.

Don't get me wrong thats not to say the democratic party isn't without their faults. (Which there are PLENTY of) and I am registered NPA and do agree with both sides on quite a few different topics.

(Before you even accuse me, I don't watch TV, the news, or listen to what any channel has to tell me. I do my own research, and note these facts from my own observations.)

I'll take my chances with Barrack Obama, Because I sure as hell don't need another 8 years of this same ****.

Somone needs to make www.barrackobamaisadouchebagbutimvoingforhimanyways.com

(For those interested in seeing a glimpse at what the republican party's true agenda is: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965 )

Again more information on whats really happening in our world: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

4oz my young friend. Your particular life experience is what it is... your experience and it has formed your beliefs.

That said, I shake my head everytime someones suggests Obama as a change from Bush. McCain is a CHANGE from Bush. McCain was the media's sweetheart for years right up until the primaries ended and since then he has received 14% positive media coverage and 60% negative vs. Obama getting 70% positive. McCain is NOT more Bush except SOME of the things that Bush did/does right. McCain was the media sweetheart because he was consistently against Republican efforts and sided time and again with the Democrats. Familiar with McCain/Feingold campaign finance reform?

Obama is a LIAR and is DECEIVING all his supporters. He is already using his power to destroy people. He used his power to eliminate his Illinois state representive competition. (look it up).

There are SO MANY INCREDIBLY BAD even illegal things that have already happened it makes your head spin.

Just a couple of MANY:

He "raised" $150 MILLION dollars in September with MOST of it comming in under the $200 per donation that requires reporting. As a TEST... SEVERAL people have gone on the Obama site, used a throw away VISA/MC gift card and were able to donate with the SAME card in multiple fictitious names and addresses. The McCain site would NOT allow this and kicked out the transaction. If you don't believe it try it yourself if you already support Obama, log on, donate $5 with any card and any name and address. It works on Obama's but not McCains.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any person, George Soros, COUNTRY, terrorist, illegal supporter, China, Saudi Arabia, Iranian, could EASILY have multiple people LIKE the "A.C.O.R.N." group donating all day long, every day. This means ENEMIES of the USA can be supporting a Presidential candidate (this is illegal in case anyone CARES)

Obama will not release the information on more than TWO MILLION donors!!!!

Now, all they would have to do is confirm that each credit card was only used for ONE donator and address and the TOTAL for EACH donator would be $2300 or less (legal maximum). But this is not happening. Obama has already raised over 700 Million dollars and with the Democrat PAC's will spend over a BILLION on this campaign.

We haven't even started on the MASSIVE voter fraud.

I am PISSED at the Bush justice department for not taking immediate and massive action as this election is under attempt to be stolen.

I am ALL for the legitimate winner of the ACTUAL issues but Obama is LYING about EVERYTHING and nobody is doing anything about it except talk radio, bloggers, and in a small way Fox News.

See I think the main problem here is where you get your "information" from. I laugh so hard waching fox news because they try to convince me that McCain is for the small guy, However all of his horrible ideas do not benefit me, My family, My friends or anyone associated with me.

Tax healthcare?!?! Come on.....
Clearly Obama has a much better plan.

Just look at wal-mart for example, They are huge. They force small business's to close. They rape their employee's on their wages, and benefits whilst they rake in millions of dollars of profit. Tell me how its fair to sh!t on your employee's so you can rich?

This is one example of many.

So basically here I am, The wealth has already been distributed, and here's the republican party trying to hang onto all the money, To keep it amongst themselves... Why? Because everyone knows wealth is power. They want to keep the power. That's why they deny me benefits (Credit, Money for College education, ect.) The idea here is to keep the small guy down. So they can horde up MORE of the wealth.

This whole thing is Rich Vs. Poor, Not white Vs. black, or even McCain vs. Obama

Wealthy people control our government, and rich people want to stay rich, So what happens then..... Correct the poor stay poor and the rich make sure that it stays that way.

If this doesn't make sense try pulling the wool off your eyes.

He "raised" $150 MILLION dollars in September with MOST of it comming in under the $200 per donation that requires reporting. As a TEST... SEVERAL people have gone on the Obama site, used a throw away VISA/MC gift card and were able to donate with the SAME card in multiple fictitious names and addresses. The McCain site would NOT allow this and kicked out the transaction. If you don't believe it try it yourself if you already support Obama, log on, donate $5 with any card and any name and address. It works on Obama's but not McCains.

1. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.
  2. I am at least 16 years old.
  3. This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization or national bank.
  4. This contribution is not made from the funds of a political action committee.
  5. This contribution is not made from the treasury of an entity or person who is a federal contractor.
  6. This contribution is not made from the funds of an individual registered as a federal lobbyist or a foreign agent, or an entity that is a federally registered lobbying firm or foreign agent.
  7. The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
That was taken from www.barrackobama.com, and you must certify that you agree to those 'terms and conditions' before donating. So all the people that took advantage of a simple code based script on a websiite did just that TOOK ADVANTAGE.

Not to mention these people used GIFT CARDS, which have no registered address's or names with banks, So again Taking advantage.

Oh, and I doubt any radical muslims or terrorists have any money to give to the Obama camaign, Or are even interested in who wins the presidency, Their agenda is still the same: Destroy western civilization, Not sway American votes towards a particular presidential candiate. Get real.

Attachments

• Fiat Lancia Track day 029_edited (Medium).jpg
    Fiat Lancia Track day 029_edited (Medium).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 9
I would also like to have the best available healthcare, In which case I support stem cell research.

I also don't think its fair for the government to tell me or anyone else what they can and can't do with THEIR OWN body's I.E. Abortion, and the decriminalization of illegal substances.

The government uses the 'illegal' sale of drugs to further THEIR agenda, and again is used as another means to keep the small guy down. Got busted with a joint? Oh ok, That will be 4 court dates, $700 in court costs, $50 criminal investigation cost, 18 months of misdameanor probation at $50 a month, $10 for your jail ID when they arrested you, $25 for every mandatory drug test. $150 for the DNA test they required you to take, $25 to be registered as a criminal. (Mabye this is just in florida, and I know the costs aren't accurate, but this is the real reason drugs are illegal.)

Now just to be fair, I do support our second ammendment people always say "Why do you need a gun o protect yourself?" and I always say:

"I don't need a gun to protect myself from you, or the next citizen, I need my guns to protect my self from the government."

(I think thats relevent to whats happening here.)

Attachments

• Fiat Lancia Track day 045 (Small).jpg
    Fiat Lancia Track day 045 (Small).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 161
Now lets see how the election tomorrow is going to effect things.

Attachments

• DSC02623.jpg
    DSC02623.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC02622.jpg
    DSC02622.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02616.jpg
    DSC02616.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC02615.jpg
    DSC02615.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC02613.jpg
    DSC02613.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC02609.jpg
    DSC02609.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC02606.jpg
    DSC02606.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02603.jpg
    DSC02603.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 5
Obama wins...

Now let's see what this guy can do in office... Good luck with this term Obama as you have some stiff challenges ahead of you...Economy, War, etc.. I think this is a job I would not want to have... McCain may have been lucky one in the end for not winning this election... Just look at George Bush Jr.. He really looks like crap after this last term.. It's really taken a toll on him for sure...

Stupid trivia - Did you know Obama's last car to drive and own was a Chryster 300.... Ha Ha...Stock too....

40ozcasualty - All presidents are crooks, wow!! Well, that's not having much faith in our past and future leadership..:sigh:

However, I don't blame you for feeling that way as some seem to be crooks, weasels, and liars...I think to myself you must have to have some kind of power trip and ego to run for president in the first place. Then I think alot of these presidential canidates fail in business and go into politics instead...So that right there makes you wonder about the quality of the person running...On the other hand most of the canidates of past and present have a good education, a good track record, and can certainly talk the talk very well... So for me it's really hard to get a feel and handle on these guys right off the bat......:33:

This may sound crazy but I think each canidate that runs for president should take a lie detector/polygraph test on the promises they preach during their debates... Fail and you're out, pass you're still in the game... :scared1:

Reagan seemed to be the last decent and honest president that I remember.. I remember Clinton bailing out hardened prisoners at the end of his term for financial gain.. That really disappointed me about Bill Clinton... Bush SR, probably not a bad as Jr. but we all know their story.. Carter kind of a wash and insignificant... Etc. etc..

The on going joke now amounst some Americans is that Obama will paint the white house black, but I think he has the peoples heartbeat and may make a positive difference even though I didn't vote for him... Let's give him a chance and see what happens.... Keeping it positive people... The future is so bright you just gotta wear shades.:smoker:

The future isn't as bright as you may think.

Our former president Andrew Jackson disbanded the second national bank of the united states in 1836, Only for the more corrupt people to reopen and rename this bank the "Federal Reserve System of the United States of America"

Andrew Jackson did this on purpose, Because whoever controls the money controls the people, having private banks control the U.S. Money supply HAS NOT WORKED AND WILL NOT WORK. The people have overlooked this fraud that has been happening to them for the past 94 years since the inception of "The Fed".

All of this can be read on wikipedia or any other encyclopedia regarding fromer president Andrew Jackson.

If you want to know the real truth that I have posted in this very thread: www.zeitgeistmovie.com

No brainwashing here, Or having to belive in something you cannnot see with your own eyes, this is just unfiltered truth. (More like common sense, because when you put it all together yourself after seeing the movie, you'll be sick.)

Keep in mind guys President Obama was bought up by a white woman who bought him up.. His real parents didn't..
I wouldn't judge him by his colour!!!
If that's the case think about Tiger Woods, all the black guys who have won Olympic medals etc.. Are they going to be judged as African Americans?? No in that case its an American medal !!
All the footballers and basket ball players ??

We all know the toughness & dedication of Asian people !!!
I would say he has the best of both worlds in him.
Did you see the scenes of countries he has grown up in celebrating??

It seems big organisations and big rich people have too much power
which can lead into corruption in time..

Attachments

• buggy bauke.jpg
    buggy bauke.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 0