Going backwards: 2JZGTE into an SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dr Tweak

I know, I know. :poke:

This SC400 is getting a swap from a 2JZ Aristo and is staying automatic. First I just cleaned up the engine bay and removed all the junk in my way, and taped off the intake and turbo ports:

freddie1.jpg

freddie2.jpg

freddie3.jpg

Then I installed the plug and play harness. I decided to use heat-reflective wrap to protect it where it goes between the firewall and the engine:

freddie4.jpg

freddie5.jpg

More updates will be posted soon

I think you're being harsh.

The swap was done for some perceived benefit.

The 2JZ will give way more affordable power than the 1UZ. That said I wouldn't use a 2JZ as a boat anchor but that's just me.

We all modify cars in a way that would horrify purists so we shouldn't be too judgemental.

I think you're being harsh.

The swap was done for some perceived benefit.

The 2JZ will give way more affordable power than the 1UZ. That said I wouldn't use a 2JZ as a boat anchor but that's just me.

We all modify cars in a way that would horrify purists so we shouldn't be too judgmental.

I am probably the least purist around. I use to own two RX-7's and although I was keeping them rotary powered, I had no issue with the people who decided to go piston with them (my friend won the Grassroots Motorsports 2005 challenge in a S4 TII powered by an American small block V8 and the car would do high 11s 1/4miles....all for less than $2005). As well, I am swapping out my 7M-GTE in the Supra for the 1UZ engine. Although it is still staying in the Toyota family, some "purists" have issues with this as well.

This swap above though...I agree with you, the owner must think there is some benefit. I just don't see it as a very big benefit. I would also like to see people justify their statements of affordable power when they use that argument (nothing against you Zuffen, I just see too many people stating this and not backing it up). i.e. is the person going to go much above stock power on the 2JZ? I will posit that after a certain point, power gains start having similar costs.

Took the intake manifold all apart and cleaned everything. I thought taking the electronics off would be a good idea before giving the manifold a bath in the parts washer :D

freddie6.jpg

Cleaned up and put back together:

freddie7.jpg

Installed. Also built a custom bracket to hold the power steering resevoir in place here.

freddie8.jpg

freddie9.jpg

When the car came to me the hydraulic fan for the SC400 was missing, and he wanted to use the Aristo hydralic fan. Since the housing didn't quite line up to the SC400 radiator, I had to weld up some custom brackets. Cleaned up the shroud a bit too.

freddie10.jpg

Custom p/s line:

freddie11.jpg

freddie12.jpg

Custom fuel line:

freddie13.jpg

The oil return lines were damaged when the car came in, so I made a new one:

freddie14.jpg

Mocking up the intercooler piping:

freddie15.jpg

freddie16.jpg

Started it up! Just need to finish up a few things before it's ready to hit the road.

freddie17.jpg

freddie18.jpg