getting an engine in europe?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

Hey all,

Would you please be so kind and think with me on a solution regarding a 1uzfe in europe for reasonable money

there are numourous companys that import engine to the UK and Holland but I get quoted 2000 euro's (wich equals 2500 USD) for a JDM 1uzfe gen1 engine, whithout ancsilaries such as alternator steeringpump etc etc.
(Funny as I can get 2 BMW v12engine or 1 SL600 merc V12 48v for that money aswell hahaha)

that looks like a lot of pe$$o$ to me, considering those engine have at least run 60k miles and thus will be in need of some attention, and a new timing kit doesn't copme cheap at all over here.

so what if I bought an engine in.... say australia or the US from one of you guys and have it sipped to Rotterdam or Amsterdam small freight harbour and I pick it up there..... I could get an engine and a rod/pist combo for the same price as an old engine over here..... ex shipping offcourse

So anybody want to look at the posibilities?

I see prices as low as $895 on ebay which sounds like a dream,
I just spoke to dutch customs, and I need a bill (which states how many it has cost and which sort of money) regarding the bill I have to pay 4% import tax on used parts.

I looked at UPS but they don't seem to ship the weight of the engine, and I don't know anyone that will, so if you have any options please share.

regards Thomas

I have bought both of my engines + a 1JZGTE from Australia. There are lots of breakers that have these
down under, and the prices start under AUS$ 1000 for the engine. With A/C, power steering pump and
alternator expect to pay AUS$ 1300 to $ 1800 depending of condition exc.

Shipping is not a problem, it only takes time. It takes 2 months to get the engine to mainland Europe, I got
mine sendt from Adelaide and 10 weeks later I could pick it up in Bergen.

Shipping cost is cheap. When I got mine shipped, it costs me AUS$ 500 to send 1 cubic metre/150 kgs to
Europe. The breakers will arrange shipping for you.

If you have questions PM me.

Hey all,

I don't really need the alternator and steeringpump, it only could come in handy during the build if I decide to throw in power steering, so I could live without that. the only thing which would be very nice to have is the aircon compressor and bracket. mid-engined cars tend to get very very HOT as we discovered on the last trip to le-mans in bas his rover powered mc-laren M6gtr, which btw is also recieving it's first proper engine!

I looked around ebay but those USA dudes won't ship to europe so not much chance there. pitty because the $ is very low vs the euro at the moment

so looking at adelaidjap at the moment, is there anyone with experience with this company? even with shipping for $500aus it'll still be a lot cheaper than getting one over here.

I've got all the time in the world because the next build project is about to take some 3 years or so.....

regards Thomas

(ps thor I will get in touch asap mailbox has gone banans at the mo)

Your in Holland i see..

Why not try a UK breakers? i picked up my 96 LS400 1UZFE for £500 including delivery...

just fitted alternator (£75) and steering pump (£75) so £650 total....

engine had done 67k genuine miles, had new cambelt/waterpump fitted.

Shop around, there are many good engines to be had.

Im sure some breakers would deliver to mainland Europe.

Hi Striker,

I can get you an engine probably for between GBP300 (Euro450) and GBP400 (Euro600) at the very most plus shipping to you.

The chances are it will be a front sump from an LS400 and probably wont have the alternator, power steering or air con.

As long as that's not a problem please let me know.

I've been looking at buying another engine (so I can find a rear sump) I need but most available are front sumps but they're very cheap and I have a whole list of ones I've found recently.

I have some free time soon so please let me know and I will arrange. I will provide photos as proof and we can do through ebay and paypal if you want security.

Cheers
Mark

My engine came from england, bought it for 500 pound. 150 for the tranny. It came with everything; P/S pump, alternator, AFM, ECU, igniters and airfilterbox as well! :)

Shipping to holland was 220 euro or something.

Allright, that's a whole other story then!

@skid, where do these engine come from? and how many miles did they do allready?

@Edwin, where did you get yours if I may ask, and where does it live nowadays, kitcar???

Regards Thomas

I bought my engine at this ebay shop:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/id=305595613&ssPageName=L4

The engine now sits in this soarer GZ20:
04062006(002).jpg

Attachments

• Lexus-TH400-adaptor.JPG
    Lexus-TH400-adaptor.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
@skid, where do these engine come from? and how many miles did they do allready?

Regards Thomas

Thomas,
As I said I've been looking around a lot for a rear sump engine and I've found loads of engines available, but most are front sump LS400. These are just from looking aroung UK for sale internet sites and ebay. I've got a list so can get back in touch with them.

I found 1 LS400 basic engine for £100 but it had been stripped of inlet manifolds and all accesories.

Just let me know and I'll dig out the details and give you a couple of options. All are from cars being dismantelled so you have to assume the engines have about 100k miles (160k km) and no guarantees, but then who cares.

Also as we're EU you wont have any import taxes, just shipping.

I don't mind doing it as I'd rather someone had the benefit of an engine rather than knowing it will be crushed and I would prefer some one getting the benefit of the countless hours and phone calls I made.

Can you post or PM as soon as possible then I can plan some time out in the week.
Cheers M

If you have some more engines, i'm looking for 1 too. As a backup for my current engine and as a test engine to testfit my future turbo setup and manual transmission swap. Maybe we can share some shipping costs too.

Ok,

I'll get back to you at the end of the week hopefully with some news. If you can track down the Dutch posters on the thread and any other interested parties as if I locate 2 or 3 then you will save on shipping.

Cheers
Mark

Bloody Cheap Engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have some results, but I need quick responses.

I can get between 6 or 7 1UZ engines for GBP325 each. This is excluding shipping and is an average price based on the cheapest engines I can get. All are front sump 1UZ, approx 100k miles (160k kms) and have guaranteed as running when removed from the cars.

One engine is stripped of ancilleries and inlet manifolds (and sump apparently) and is GBP100. If interested with the sump back on ask and I will check the price.

So any European member can get a cheap engine here as no taxes.

I have been told the engines will have most items EXCEPT air con compressor and power steering pump. If you want these they are GBP100 and GBP75 respectfully.

So here's the deal (and I will repost in group buy) talk amongst yourselves but please come back soon (17th November latest) and I will need 50% by paypal as that's what I need to reserve them. Balance once I confirm the engines are on their way to me.

If you want security I can sell through ebay but there will be sales costs.

You are welcome to collect from my house, even the Dutch boys, as hiring a van is cheap for enough these days and I have an engine hoist to lift into the back and it's a good excuse to go.

If not I will arrange shipping but I haven't got time to spend hours finding the cheapest, or you can arrange and pay for a carrier yourself.

Basically get your mates together and get a few at a time as it's the cheapest way for you.

I am doing this as I need a rear sump SC400 engine which I can't find, but hoping that if I help others get what they need someone will do the right thing and help me out.

I am not a dealer, I am not prepared to hold the engines for too long (though if fully paid we can discuss times) and I need firm cast in stone promises and cash as I can't afford to fund peoples abandoned/dreaming project.

PM sensible questions but please no time wasters, you must have the cash ready and accept that these are cheap and therefore I cannot give specific details of each.

Spread the word Brothers!!!! ;)

Hey skid,

You have PM, but the following migh be of interest to others to?

why are the rear sumped ones so hard to find? and can't you make a rear sump, by ordering toyota parts?

grtz Thomas

I've tried getting a rear sump but the dealer needed chassis numbers etc (which I haven't got) but indicated it wasn't going to be cheap as it's 2 parts of the sump, the oil pick up tube, dip stick and tube etc.

So gave up and thought it was cheaper to get a used rear sump engine, though it is proving easier to find Bin Laden at the moment!