Gear selector location W57

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

Can any of the many technically minded people out there provide information as to how easy it is to swap the gear shifter location on a w57 Supra box. Mine is centrally located in the top plate but I need to re-locate it further back, over the output shaft.

Can this be done easily with the correct parts or are the rear sections of the gearbox set up for one shifter location only. Sorry, I don't have any photo's.

The shifter location can be swapped from any other W57/W58 (and probably others) gearbox.

Its not too difficult.
It can be a little fiddly getting it back together, but nothing that cant be worked out with a bit of time.

MWP, I assume that the swap requires the changing of the whole mechanism in the rear housing, correct? Any idea of how easy it is to get the parts needed.

3barboost, the 'extender' your talking obout. Do you have any pictures or further information. The Bullet Cars website is a bit light on for this sought of information.

Attachments

• hilux one day crown soarer 031.jpg
    hilux one day crown soarer 031.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 16
  • hilux one day crown soarer 032.jpg
    hilux one day crown soarer 032.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 11
  • hilux one day crown soarer 038.jpg
    hilux one day crown soarer 038.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12
  • hilux one day crown soarer 042.jpg
    hilux one day crown soarer 042.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 14
When I fitted my w58, the lever was in the wrong position, it was easier to cast and machine my own cover which enabled me to alter the shifter ratio to give me a quick shift, and at the same time replaced the internal joint with A Rose joint which removed all the slack in the lever,