Fuel Pump ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tpnotch420

My 92 SC400 won't start so in my never ending quest to solve this puzzle I decided to check out the fuel system. I don't yet have a gage to measure to the pressure so I thought I would start with the pump and fuel ecu. First I turned the ignition on to see if I could hear the pump come on and I got nothing. Next I tried the fp ecu bypass and connecting the black/red wire with the green wire. When I do this the pump fires right up but my concern here is that the pump is running and I don't have the key in the ignition.

Would indicate that I might have a short in my ignition switch or somewhere in the ignition circuit?

futher detail on my observation. When I disconnect the battery or remove the relay to reset the fuel pump does not come again until I turn the ignition on but when I turn it off the fuel pump continues to run until I disconnect the battery or remove the relay. I don't think this is how it's suppose to run does anyone have any idea as to what might causing this?

would this likely be a fuel pressure problem or an electrical problem?

if electrical is the likely culprit a grounded wire, bad sensor or a bad engine ecu

if it's the ecu is there a diy test for the ecu or do I just need to replace it and see what happens?