Front mounted throttle body

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzfekp60

Can I shift the throttle body to the front for an easier installation in my Starlet?.
I think the idle valve is there but it could be remounted too?

I have access to a casting workshop.

Ken.

I wont be doing this for a long wile but when i get to that point in my project i plan on makeing a front mount plenum for my corolla and useing a accufab lighting trottle body

AccufabTBCobra_md.jpg

you could do somthing similar although i wont be useing a stock computer it could be done with the stock computer as well.

Here's one of the nicest front mounted intakes I've seen on the 1UZ:

attachment.php

Here's the complete thread for this build: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8745

Something like this might lend itself to casting in two halves like a clamshell? And if it were in two halves, then a Laminova type IC could be incorporated into it.....

There have also been a couple of fabricated "U" tube type front intakes, but the one shown above is the only one that retains a large plenum after the TB.

Yeah it sure is, and if you search for some of the hilux installs on Lextreme you'll see that there are a few people that have switched theirs around no problems at all. That would sort out your Idle control valve problems.