Forged Pistons

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Madaz

Hi there, Are there any recomendations on standard bore size forged pistons for a 1uz?
I was looking at 8.5 cr Ross pistons but they seem to start at 0.5mm overbore.
My engine is in good condition, so I dont want to muck around with getting it bored out. Cheers

Personally I would go slightly larger so it would be possible to "clean up" the bore for the new pistons and rings..but yea, order std and they will send you std.

Have a set of oversize Wiseco's in my first 1UZ and like them a lot. That motor has taken a lot of abuse (it's been the mule motor for dyno sessions).

Ross's and Lextreme rods are in my 2nd motor, which hasn't seen any boost yet, so no verdict.

JE make pistons for our blocks too, but have heard mixed reviews.

I think if I were building a new high output engine in the future, and price wasn't a huge concern, I'd ask Mahle and Pankl for their help engineering an optimum setup.

For a budget build, it's hard to beat Lextreme's rods and Ross pistons.

I've used JE pistons in many Porsche race engines without any problems.
Of course, just like everything else, the engine has to be built right.
I also had great success with Wiseco in other applications. They have been in business for a long time and make a quality product.

Sweet cheers for that. With all the searching on the net ive seen the ross pistons cop a bit of flack, was this a one off kind of issue and has anyone heard of any other problems coming up. i have a earlier 1uz so im intending on running the factory rods, dont think they will cause to many issues with the amount of boost i run

Cheers for the feedback, ended up ordering a set of +.20" Ross pistons,
Keen to see how they go and last compared to the standard ones.