? for those from Aus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Treynon

Little bit off topic here, but how is the economy over there? I just graduated from college here in the states (CA) and im sick of the politics and the laws on different things here in the states. I was wondering how a 22 yr old traveller like myself would do there as far as graduating with a psychology degree and wanting a new life because right now mine sucks. Anyways I love your guys work on cars also its alot different. Thanks for your time.

Mike

i'm a snowboarder but lift tickets are 50+ bux a shot or 1000+ a season pass so I cant really afford it... I can afford bowling sometimes. lol

The Australian economy is in a stong phase at the moment.

Unemployment is the lowest its been in perhaps 30 years.

Inflation runs at 3-4% (max)

Migrating to Australia is about as hard as migrating to the States. Not easy.

Standard of living is equivalent to the States but most Aussies live in slightly better quality homes.

Australians think you guys have it made but only in some areas. I think we have more individual freedom but also are more restricted at the same time. Try carrying a gun in Austalia and you will end up in jail.

About 20 years ago my wife and I looked at leaving Australia (didn't like the political situation) but stayed because we couldn't find another country with the opportunities available in Australia.

If you want to succeed in Australia you only need apply yourself and there is an excellent chance you will succeed.

Also, its almost a felony here to speed more than 3kmh (approx 2mph?) over the speed limit in some states.

Some of the state governments make a lot of their revenue so they have cameras everywhere.

hey its nto that hard to immagrate u just gotta sail here in a flimsy sail boat and put up with being locked up for 3 years b4 ur processed lol. but seriously its not that hard if ur coming from the usa or mother england.

if u have skills with machinery or any thing like that. move to Western Australia we cant get enough ppl with skills. esp with in the mining area. common starting wage is 80-100k and now that uranium mining is going forward there will be even more jobs and higher wage. plus WA is the best state lol. well has nicer ppl and has a nice small city sort of like a large suburb compared to some were like LA id imagion.

Zuffen good post, I agree with everything you say..

Treynon that is a long ways away to start over and start fresh, maybe another state in US may be a more practical choice. I'm moving to Florida one of these days to make a change aswell......I think change is good if you are not happy in your current situation, and remember nothing ventured nothing gained.. Good luck with what ever you decide....

thanks for the responses guys.. You are very cool people on this board. Its just depressing seeing that 90 percent of Americans hate their jobs in studies and ya alot have it made here and dont realize it. I'm just a crazy adventurer type who likes new things.

just avoid sidenee (syndey) and you'll be fine - there are more opportunities in WA and QLD than anywhere else in the country.

we're the only states holding up the nations economy at the moment - if we had to rely on NSW we'd all be in recession and renting!!

Here is a quick rundown as I see it.
Sydney - The most expensive, Typically aggogant and cut throat in it's approach to success, the outer suburbs away from the city exist unto themselves and that tend to govern their lifestyle - some nice areas with good council facilities, some bad / dodgy areas. All of it is quiet expensive.

Melbourne - I'm not from down there so apoligies if I step on toes. It is a much weather goverened state, 4 seasons in one day as it is known. People are great and it is a very arts based city. lots of interesting thing happening and it is very accepting of differing lifestyles. Also has the 2nd biggest population og Greeks outside of Greece. The Greek people are lovley.
It's football mad and very sporting overall. It the home of Hot Rodding and Car modification in my opinion although it doesn't had a sanctioned drag strip so don't expect to see all our famous 1UZ dragsters in Melbourne.

Queensland - Beautiful one day perfect the next - Typically the tropical end of town. Relaxed and fun. It gives off a working class atmosphere but it is cheap too so it's a nice balance. You can get a nice house for much less than sydney. I'm not too sure of the work up that way.

the other states have been commented on and I haven't been to so I won't pass judgment.

Aussies are cool and relaxed mostly. I think you'd be welcomed by most if not everybody.

That's my bit.
Nath

Adelaide - Very relaxed, small compared to Melb and Syd. The most hectic part of the city youll have to deal with is peak hour traffic, and even that is a breeze compared to Melb & Syd. That said though, social life is a little limited. People seem to be more set on the family life rather than going down to the pub a few nights every week. Cheap place to live since Adelaide is growing fairly slowly. Weather is hot (dry and mid 30s)during summer and avg (wet and in the teens) during winter. Great beaches if you like that. Its VERY easy to get out of the city and go camping, wine touring, etc on weekends. Very nice country areas surrounding the suburbs. It also has some of the best hills driving roads youll find in aus, most within 20mins of the city.

I was looking up prices for U of Queensland for grad school and WOW what a pricetag, 13000 AUD a semester for international students like myself!!! They have such beautiful campuses though and going to school there would be like a dream. Bleh, money is such a downer.

Mike

I have lived in 3 countrys, the UK, France & Australia and 2 states in Australia QLD and now WA and have done plenty of traveling and have discovered that life is what you make it.
Never wish for sombody elses life, you may get it and miss your own.

A bit deep.

Australia is opening it's doors to skilled migrants at the moment so check out your options.

being a current resident in Darwin, and having lived in Sydney, Perth, and Newcastle (lol) not to mention half a dozen regional centres, Darwin also has a fair bit to recommend it, although it is isolated..... there are open speed limits outside urban areas (thats right no speed limit at All) which lets me stretch the 1uz's legs a bit lol...
Oh and Darwin is VERY chilled out.... even Adelaide seems frenetic in comparison... Here there is no rush hour, but more a rush 10 minutes...
quite warm though, ranges between 22-34 (and dry) in the 'dry' season and 25-32 (and humid as hell with storms) in the 'wet'.....

I think even with skiled migrants there is a quota on what skills they are letting through.... For something like Psych there will be a fairly generous limit i imagine as they are always short, plus there was a very recent national review of the total underfunding of the mental health industry, so funding is on the way up...... Thought that relevant... You may also wish to research what the conditions are, you may be able to achieve registration here with little fuss, then have a few years or something of a wait/ or perhaps an agreed period of regional service etc.. before eligibility for deferred government HECS funding etc.....
Oz has a great range of educational incentives...

Ok enough crapping on for me.. I also agree with Cobber, with the added thought that I (for obvious reasons) believe that in oz u get a much better chance at making it...

Attachments

• supra3.jpg
    supra3.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 34