First thread here. Looking for W58 swap help.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MongooseGA

Hello all. I signed up on Lextreme a while back and have never gotten around to posting before now.

I figured most people here are technically inclined as opposed to looking for body kits or dolls to hang from your tow hook as CL has become...

Anyway, I'm swapping a MKIII W58 into my SC400, but I want to utilize a MKIV tail shaft so I can use my short shifter and have proper placement within the console.

I've gotten to play with my trans project for the first time in a while tonight. I'm still trying to fit the MKIV tail shaft on to my MKIII tranny.

I removed a bearing that I deemed to be holding the MKIV tail from sitting all the way down on the trans. Now, I'm getting caught up on the following:

This little roller bearing...
CIMG0006.jpg

Doesn't want to fit into this hole... There's another bearing inside there so I obviously can't just file the hole out at all.
CIMG0008.jpg

This shows the MKIII and MKIV side by side. After using just a regular tape measure, both sleeves seem to be exactly the same size. I'm going to get another measuring tool tomorrow to get a more precise measurement.
CIMG0007.jpg

Does anyone happen to know if the sizes of the roller bearing and the interior diameter of the bearing it sits in vary between the different models of W58? Also, if there are correct technical terms that I'm not using, please let me know. I'm just making all this **** up right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this transmission out of my garage and into my car!