Fired my ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_IS200_marcus

Hi guys, well i have just started wiring up my ECU to my IS200, dont ask me how but i have just fired the ECU :( who was it that said not much can go wrong when connecting power to the ECU.......

I have a 2nd ECU out of a 1993 LS400 but the plugs on the 1993 are not the same, so now i have to take all the wiring of the 1993 LS400 engine and put it on the engine in my IS200, can not see what els i can do......

How? hehehe

But seriously, and I know I'm stating the obvious, you really need to find the problem before you connect up another one and smoke it too.

Obvious places to start looking are points like the coils & injectors which get an earth return from the ECU, but if you accidentally crossed two wires, you could have fed +12 back into the ECU and smoked one of its output drivers.

Do you have any hints at all where the problem is/was before it fried?

And are you sure it's the ECU that fried, and not the harness?

What was the mode of failure - did you let the smoke out of the ECU, or do you have some charred pins or charred wiring now?

Attachments

• IMG_1089_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1089_1_1.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 23
did u try running both ecus at same time

best to get the engine running on the 1uz ecu then link the 2 ecus together

with only the main wires needed between the 2 to get enough signals to the is200 ecu to get the air con and other stuff running that works thru the
is200 ecu

its not hard just time consuming testing stuff anf trialing stuff

u really need to do diagrams and ideas before u solder wires

but its funny whenn u let the smoke out
getting it back is is very hard

does yr ecu have 4 plugs 2 rows and 4th plug is off to one side

and the 93 has 4 rows of pins in each plug

just look at how the auto works between the 2 ecus

make sure they have same solenoids