FAT Vs. Bullet Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Do u guys noticed the similarity between the two manifolds? They look identical. Anyone have any inside story about the two manifolds? Are they produced by the same company perhaps in Asian?

The FAT intake manifold and the Bullet cast intake manifoilds are the same. Bullet also have a second manifold,
this is the one they used on the bullet car.

I was in touch with them a while back and here is part of the e-mail:

"We would be able to send you a low manifold (the lowest possible one). These are hand manufactured by us, and because of this, we would have to weld the top plate on to it. What we could do for you is leave the top plate blank (without any holes in it) and you could put the entire manifold on your engine and mark out where you want the supercharger to fit. Because we use the intake runners off the original manifold, the injector bosses are already drilled. The height of this manifold is 60 mm from the engine block flat casting where the engine number is stamped. This is with the top plate on it. The downside to this low height, is that the front water crossover pipe (thermostat housing) has to be modified to allow the supercharger snout to clear. The heater water pipe that runs through the valley also has to be changed. The cost for this kit is AUS$1950 (which includes manifold, modified front water crossover pipe and valley heater pipe.)

The next manifold up is also a hand manufactured one (the same as above) but it is 70 mm from the engine block (including the top plate on it). The good thing about this one is that you don't have to change the front water cross over pipe as the snout of the supercharger should just clear it. The valley heater pipe still has to be changed though. The cost for this kit is AUS$1790

The next manifold is our cast manifold. This sits 85 mm above the flat engine block casting (this also includes the top plate which is 10 mm thick). This cast manifold has a bolt on top, so we could send it to you without the top plate, and we could also possibly send it with the injector holes drilled to suit your injectors. I would have to check with the machinist about this though. Neither the front water crossover or valley pipe has to be changed. The cost of this one is AUS$1650.

Just for your reference, the height that the lower part of the stock manifold sits is 110 mm from the engine block flat."

The groupbuy from FAT at AUS$ 850 looks like a steal......

I believe there is 2 heights available in the cast manifold. The shorter one just has more metal machined off the top of it.
I have some pics I will post later of FAT's manifold linup.
Cheers,
Andrew

I don't know for sure but i doubt if they use one as you don't need a cold start injector with an after market computer, pretty sure they are still using MICROTEC.
I don't use one with my BULLET setup & AUTRONIC ecu

fugly said:
I don't know for sure but i doubt if they use one as you don't need a cold start injector with an after market computer, pretty sure they are still using MICROTEC.
I don't use one with my BULLET setup & AUTRONIC ecu
Too good, thanks.

I'm not using a CSI with my ITB setup and it started first twist of the key on a 0 degree morning in Canberra recently so you'd have no issues in Brissy.