Failed PI Torque Converter?? [Tranny Leak]

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lex*Toy

I recently found out that my transmission is leaking pretty decent when hot. The fluid drips onto the exhaust pipes and "cooks", where white smoke exits the car from the rear.
bigeyes.gif

I lifted it up and found it is occuring where it bolts up to the motor at the bellhousing. Not the tranny pan.

I recently took it to the Lexus dealership 8 months ago for a powerflush. I have had the PI torgue converter for about 2 years now.

Could the PI torque converter have cracked a seal?

What can be done short of taking it to the tranny shop? If that is the only solution, then how much do you guys think I am in for $$$ wise?

The oil color looks like its from the tranny. If its engine oil color, then it could be from the engine rear main seal. If you are leaking from the engine/tranny area, then its either the TC or the transmission oil pump might be back. The fix will cost about 350 plus parts.

Lextreme said:
The oil color looks like its from the tranny. If its engine oil color, then it could be from the engine rear main seal. If you are leaking from the engine/tranny area, then its either the TC or the transmission oil pump might be back. The fix will cost about 350 plus parts.
Lextreme, I recently had to refill the transmission fluid level, so I am sure it is tranny fluid. So I guess that rules-out rear main seal.

So what about the input shaft seal on the TC? I suppose that could be leaking.

I dont know anything about the transmission oil pump.

The car runs and shifts great, so the the TC is functioning properly. I do suppose it could have cracked a weld. Is that common for the Precision Industries Converters?

So I guess I am looking for an educated best guess answer here...

Its possible. Either way if you want to fix it properly the tranny need to come off. Normally a tranny in and out is about $350 in California rate. I would take it to a tranny shop and let them take a look at it. Seals are cheap but labor would be expensive.

I have the stock TC. If it turns out that it is the TC and they are unable to repair, then I be coming your way for a rebuilt 2800 Stall Speed TC.

I dont think I could go back to stock.

Oh, and unbelievable price- I paid $900 for mine!!!

Attachments

• 510 whp.JPG
    510 whp.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Dyno 2.jpg
    Dyno 2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
Good luck and please let us know if we can help you with anything. Just make sure you keep check the tranny oil level so you dont damage the tranny due to low on oil.