Engine wont hold at 2000 rpm

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

My car is having some electrical problems that is none turbo related. The car idle fine and very smooth all the way to redline. However, during idle to 2k rpm, it reving very slow up to 2k. I tried to hold the rpm at around 2k, the engine just drop to 1400-1600 rpm. The rpm will goes up and down from 1400 to 2000 rpm. After 2k, everything is find. The problem is before rpm. The TPS is new, ISV is new, Crank sensor is new. What would be the problem?

check to see if you are pulling air after the AFM, maybe intake hose came off/loose or has leak. check the AFM ( pull off the cable plug and see if the engine exhibits the same symtoms)

give this a try

used afm about $150 USD. i know it sux its so expensive. i have already gone through 3 of em. 2 used ones i bought were alredy broken, basterds at thepartstrader.com screwed me. cant trust mk3 supra owners, they are cheap bastards like me.

once i took my car around the block after i turned up the wick to 13 psi. i blew an IC hose. my car ran like mud at idle and up to 2k rpm. above 2k rpm, it ran fine at WOT. it was very hard to find because it blew in such a way, it couldnt be seen. all my hoses where tight, pain in the but to find.

last check your fuel filter. might have rust flakes cloging the line, but usually it would cause the opposite condition. idle good, rev up bad.

inspect all your vac lines like to your vsv valves and such. simply pinching them with a long nose pliers when the motor is running may not be enough, you may need to give them close attention.

you can use a spray bottle with water to look for vac leaks too.

im not to bright about cars, but my dad still calls me son. :)