Engine Mounts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krayn

Hi all. Here are some pics of the engine mounts that I made to suit a HK HT HG Holden. The plate that goes onto the engine is cut out of 10mm flat plate and the sides and the plate that bolts to the rubber mount, (which is a standard HT - HQ 308/ 253 v8 engine mount) is made from 6 mm mild steel. It seems to bolt in and sits the engine all square. All up it cost aprox $10 to make, a lot cheaper than $175 from Castlemaine rod shop, But about 10 hours work, and the engine sits exactly where I wanted it to. Now for the sump, This will be tricky, will post pics of the sump as it progresses. Kris...

That $175 for castlemaine rod shop brackets includes new mounts, which are around $50 each I think. So its not too bad. I got some for my conversion in my EH and the mounts are really well made.
I can post a pic of them if you like

do the mounts from castlemaine rod shop use toyota rubber .the reason i ask is the quality of toy mounts are so much better than holden i have seen a few conversions with mounts that keep breaking toyota ones are much bigger and probably with good reason. cheers 4 now

I think the castlemaine rod shop ones use the holden rubber. The toyota mounts may be better in some ways but I believe are expensive, but are also very prone to break as this is a common problem in some models.

thats a fair statment guess the only way 2 stop breaking mounts is 2 chain the beast down its only 1 side that has all the stress so only 1 chain will sort out breaking mounts as long as its in square it shouldnt be a issue anyway let us know if u break any cheers